• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wrong Date Wheel for OP Chrono?

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
292253399_938ec32f87.jpg

I've noticed most OP Chrono reps out in the market have the date wheel showing the date the wrong way... Is this due to older gen models having the date wheel the way the reps look?

If not, can we request for our reputable dealers to take note of this for future batches?

:D

watchlover

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/06
Hmmm.. it really does not matter, because the incorrect subdial spacing is the biggest giveaway... Note that the subdials on the gen are closer together.

This model is more of a novelty model than an accurate rep IMHO ;)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
As watchlover said, current batch of rep movement (automatic) doesn't allow closer spacing without additional gear (like in Daytona subdial second at 6). It's the biggest giveaway. Go for PO non chrono instead. You won't regret it.

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
Thing is, I'm currently looking for a good chrono.

Any suggestion? Has to be SS, chunky and basic black dial.

watchlover

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/06
Seraphe, objection noted. As a matter of fact, I don't fancy breitling that much either. Have you tried the PAM 187 or a daylight chrono? You will find that the 187 also fits your bill, and looks even chunkier :)

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
watchlover321 said:
Seraphe, objection noted. As a matter of fact, I don't fancy breitling that much either. Have you tried the PAM 187 or a daylight chrono? You will find that the 187 also fits your bill, and looks even chunkier :)

EEKS! Am looking for chunky watch, but not that CHUNKY. Already have a 005 but am looking for a 38-40mm chunky. A chunky 40mm somehow is kinda different from a 44mm pannie, ain't it?

I was considering a Daytona, PO Chrono or TAG OceanRacer (or was it SeaRacer?) What do you think?