• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch Problem

krazzyjoker

Horology Curious
28/4/12
Hi all

I bought a DJ Turn-o Rep a few months back. I will keep the seller's name out of this for now. However they are a trusted seller on this site. The issue is that the watch has had problems from the get go and I have reported these issues to the seller from the start. The seller has been in good contact with me since I reported the problems. However, they want me to send the watch back to them for replacement or repair (which I know is un-repairable), but the cost to send it back is almost half the price I paid for the watch ($100). The seller says there is nothing else they can do, besides give me $20 off the purchase of another watch, or the alternative of sending it back. Then how long will it take? Will I get a replacement back?
Sorry for all the questions and concerns, but does anyone else have any experience or some information for me?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU!
KJ

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Well you have a few options.

Like the seller said, you can send it back. This poses a few issues. Firstly the time it takes to actually get back to the dealer, getting post out of China isn't so bad, getting it back in is longer and harder.* Then of course there is the cost of posting it back to the dealer with a good enough postage service to make sure it might arrive. Then you have to wait for them to take it back to the factory they got it from and await a repair or a replacement and then the time taken to send it back to you.

You only paid $100 for the watch. So it's at the lower end of the quality scale. You might be better off finding a person on the forum who can do a movement swap or repair for you. If it's just a 21j movement then that's going to cost you perhaps $25 for the movement and whatever the postage and work costs are. It's not a complicated job. 20 mins at most for someone with the tools and ability.

And the bonus that you reduce risks in shipping, save a bit of time probably and have a guaranteed new movement in it.

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
I see your problem, but realistically, what else would you expect of the TD?

As Bonesey says, a movement swap may be your best bet. From time to time, we all get one that's D.O.A.

Good luck.