• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Would not purchase from this TD again

gtstricky

Horology Curious
14/6/23
USA - pA
Ordered 2 watches 6/22 and received them 10/25.

The TT DJ seems great.
The Seamaster (ZF) looks good but the time cannot be set. Hand moves about 5 minutes and then crown spins with no movement. Reset crown and wait a few minutes and it will do the same thing again. 4 months wait and I am holding an expensive paperweight. No email response from Lucy.

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
I know she’s super slow to reply but I’m sure she’ll take care of it eventually. I would not send the watch back, I’d have a watchmaker repair it, and see if she will reemburse for the repair or Just eat it, something may have come loose during shipping she hand picks her watches and she has a watchmaker look them over before sending out

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
@gtstricky
Sending Reps to a watch maker upon arrival is just part of the cost of buying Reps. As @joeyc said don't send the watch back to China. I have used Lucy for years. I know she is slow but the wait is worth it.
Yeah it happens sometimes. She wasn’t trying to burn you. Yes it sucks but it’ll get taken care of. Just buy something another member is selling in your country.

Reactions: joeyc

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
The long wait is worth it. After you are here a while, you will appreciate the quality over speed. My most extended wait for an out-of-stock watch was 6 months. The factories make the watches in batches.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeyc