• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wonder when parts for the new PO's start to become available?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Question as above :) I have a gen PO (old style now) and a rep 42mm PO for 'backup'. I'm happy with both but have to say I'm intrigued by the new PO's coming out.

While I'm not so sure we'll have a accurate rep of these for a while and at the current prices certainly won't be getting a gen, just wondering if parts become available will we be able to 'franken' old with new.

Sure the thickness of the watch has changed, and these have a displayback, but the new dial should in theory go into a rep case, not too sure about the bezel though...god knows the cost of the new standalone bezel will be ridiculously high.

They may not ever be compatible, but if they were, it would be a frankeners dream......new dial, old bezel, old case new hands or new dial, new bezel, old case, old hands etc...great fun ;)!

23230422101001-20.png

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Already a quarzt rep? It looks really off. The bezel,the pearl, the font, happy feet again and its missing a whole hand at the right chrono......! The ones that already are there are sooooooo off... Anyway, thats how all started!

dan_j

5/11/10
Oh yeah and also the case is wayyy too thin. Doesn't have the new clasp, wrong HE valve, wrong crown, wrong colour on the 12...etc.

I'm glad they've already started though...let's just give them a few years until the "ultimate" comes out

Daniel

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
:facepalm: We have a loooooooooooooooong way to go. :(

Thanks for the pics BTW :)

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Well look on the brightside, at least that quartz version seems to have a centered pearl.

When I'm old and grey I will be able to enjoy the 'ultimate' version, I'm 21 now...