• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will Uncle Seiko fit into the ZF Seamaster 300?

silver_alpha

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/15
Hi everyone, I just received my ZF Omega Seamaster 300. Does anybody know if this bracelet (link below) will fit this watch? Does the placement of lug holes the same between reps and gen?

Route66

24/4/21
Well, unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, but I would anyway love to hear some comments about your ZF :) and the reason(s) behind your interest for an aftermarket bracelet.

silver_alpha

7/1/15
Well, unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, but I would anyway love to hear some comments about your ZF :) and the reason(s) behind your interest for an aftermarket bracelet.
Hi there, thanks for responding. I just received it from the main a few hours ago actually! The ZF Seamaster 300 looks great. I chose it over VSF mainly because of the bezel insert font being closer to the gen, as well as the red 'Seamaster' marking on the dial. I've got @steve_theonewatches to thank! His comprehensive comparison made me decide to get the ZF.

I'm looking for an aftermarket bracelet because I have quite a small wrist at 6.75 inches. The lack of taper makes this watch bigger than it is on my wrist so I am looking for a thinner bracelet with a taper.

Reactions: Route66

silver_alpha

7/1/15
Hi there, thanks for responding. I just received it from the main a few hours ago actually! The ZF Seamaster 300 looks great. I chose it over VSF mainly because of the bezel insert font being closer to the gen, as well as the red 'Seamaster' marking on the dial. I've got @steve_theonewatches to thank! His comprehensive comparison made me decide to get the ZF.

I'm looking for an aftermarket bracelet because I have quite a small wrist at 6.75 inches. The lack of taper makes this watch bigger than it is on my wrist so I am looking for a thinner bracelet with a taper.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I believe it would.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/7/16

Are you sure you couldn't just remove links on the current bracelet?

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I can only speak for my ZF but yes the GEN, ORF, VSF bracelets all fitted on my ZF as I tried them. Currently on an ORF bracelet and wear it pretty much everyday.

silver_alpha

7/1/15
I can only speak for my ZF but yes the GEN, ORF, VSF bracelets all fitted on my ZF as I tried them. Currently on an ORF bracelet and wear it pretty much everyday.
I am also looking to order the ORF bracelet as it is the one closest to Gen. TD quoted me $100 for it (+$15 shipping).

Route66

24/4/21
If you are looking for a bracelet which tapers, are you sure that the ORF bracelet is the right way to proceed? :unsure:
The gen one does NOT taper.

AFAIK only the gen/rep rubber strap tapers.

Reactions: silver_alpha

McQueen5512Hunter

Horology Curious
30/7/14
I actually logged on today to see if anyone could tell me if the Titanium case on the No Time to Die Seamaster would match up with a steel bracelet, as I want to add an Uncle Seiko bracelet to it if I purchase.

I was going to ask in the dedicated watch thread, but I didn't expect to see an Uncle Seiko thread.

Reactions: silver_alpha

silver_alpha

7/1/15
If you are looking for a bracelet which tapers, are you sure that the ORF bracelet is the right way to proceed? :unsure:
The gen one does NOT taper.

AFAIK only the gen/rep rubber strap tapers.
I just don't like the ZF bracelet and want to replace it. I have 2 options – buy the ORF bracelet which looks closer to gen, or the US bracelet which also has the nice taper. The Uncle Seiko bracelet is easier to get from where I'm at, and the ORF one will take a few weeks, if not a couple of months.

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Isn't the easiest thing to do is get a cheap caliper and measure the lug width? Then buy the appropriate band or strap. Most everybody who is in to watch collecting also is keen on swapping bands, bracelets, and straps. A caliper is a must along with a reasonably outfitted watch tool set.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Isn't the easiest thing to do is get a cheap caliper and measure the lug width? Then buy the appropriate band or strap. Most everybody who is in to watch collecting also is keen on swapping bands, bracelets, and straps. A caliper is a must along with a reasonably outfitted watch tool set.
Yes, but not all endlinks are the same, specially if they’re solid endlinks and the reps are known to have the wrong lug hole positions that do not match gen-spec bracelets.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Titanium version available too for the NTTD.