• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will this work on my UPO?

RNav

27/6/07
I searched this forum and read the many many posts regarding UPO bezel inserts and the only thing concrete is the Omega factory part number references. I am looking for a more economical solution since I am not interested in big dollar franken reps. Will this work?... http://cgi.ebay.com/BEZEL-INSERT-ORANGE ... dZViewItem

RNav

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
looks good

is not factory price

take chance maybe an

tell us...

:D

Life is Good!

Klink

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i think it will have to be fitted. he says you can't tell it from the gen. ask him if the one he sends is different from the picture because the one he has pictured doesn't have the orange outline under the triangle. the rep inserts are closer to gen than the one he is showing.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
RNav said:
I searched this forum and read the many many posts regarding UPO bezel inserts and the only thing concrete is the Omega factory part number references. I am looking for a more economical solution since I am not interested in big dollar franken reps. Will this work?... http://cgi.ebay.com/BEZEL-INSERT-ORANGE ... dZViewItem

RNav
Rnav,
That guy sold me a band with messed up screws and his resolution was to sell me another strap for 33 bucks. Take that as you will, there was another seller on the bay who had these and looked a tad better. I would rather see you go to somewhere else to get this. Have you contacted one the dealers here? Angus, Jay?

RNav

27/6/07
R2D4 said:
Rnav,
That guy sold me a band with messed up screws and his resolution was to sell me another strap for 33 bucks. Take that as you will, there was another seller on the bay who had these and looked a tad better. I would rather see you go to somewhere else to get this. Have you contacted one the dealers here? Angus, Jay?

Thanks for the responses guys! I have decided that if I am set on an Orange bezel, I will order an Orange bezel UPO. I will be selling a few reps when I return from Disney in a week and a half. This will fund a few more reps for my rotation! Thanks!

RNav

deff23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/4/08
I bought a bezel from him a few months ago for my first rep and it was crap and he didnt seem to want to do anything about it.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
Hi, i have a better insert than that and cheaper than that as well, if u want one send me a email, the pearls are superluminova in mine as well, i did it myself and the orange outline is present, same as i have on my UPO

joe(rbj69

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
I'm interested too for a black bezel insert on my UPO Chrono 45.5 mm..
@Joe : PM sent.. :wink:

RNav

27/6/07
rbj69 said:
Hi, i have a better insert than that and cheaper than that as well, if u want one send me a email, the pearls are superluminova in mine as well, i did it myself and the orange outline is present, same as i have on my UPO

joe(rbj69

Thank for the thought RBJ. I just do not see myself messing with a perfectly good black UPO with orange numbers for the orange bezel look. I will keep this in mine if I scratch my bezel... which I won't because I almost have OCD when wearing my watches :lol: . A quick change feature would be cool, if possible. I've heard of guys doing it, but not sure how easy it is... I am a novice, but am willing to take on repairs if absolutely needed. Thanks!

RNav

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Rnav your on to something here. Transformer UPO? I am listening.. :shock:

RNav

27/6/07
R2D4 said:

Yeah. I thought I read somewhere that BK was offering his subs with a "Transformer" option... I recall a BK GMT with a Pepsi non-Pepsi mod. The bezels appeared to snap on/off. A Transformer UPO would be cool! Black versus Orange.

RNav

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
RNav said:
R2D4 said:

Yeah. I thought I read somewhere that BK was offering his subs with a "Transformer" option... I recall a BK GMT with a Pepsi non-Pepsi mod. The bezels appeared to snap on/off. A Transformer UPO would be cool! Black versus Orange.

RNav

It has been my experience if you trim the retaining wire short enough it will come off easier. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. This would be a fun project.