• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will Speedmaster reps get any better?

dangerman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/06
I'd like to get a Speedmaster rep. But before I do I'd also really like to know if Speedmaster reps will get any better any time soon? By soon I mean the next twelve months and I should say that when I say Speedmaster I am thinking mainly of the "Moon Watch" version.

Baltic's comparison of gen and a replica got me thinking about the remaining differences and which ones could be improved on.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=13216

I know they are already pretty good. I don't suppose the sub dial spacing will get better, at least in the foreseeable future. Personally what I want improved most (other than sub dial spacing) is the silver ring around the dial. How hard would it be to have the "angled collar" as Baltic calls it, to eliminate this ring?

As a side note does anyone still make the acrylic crystal version?

amedman

27/7/06
I believe Andrew (Trustytime) still has this but it is getting hard to find. Eddielee said that it was being discontinued.

The Heselite crystal really ads to this watch. Get it while you can.

dangerman

4/10/06
Wow lots looking but I guess we don't really have many ideas on this.

Anyone with any more ideas...anyone?

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
These things are impossible to predict. Moonwatch is very popular model so I believe we'll see another version. Is it as nice as the current Venus/Seagull one is a different matter.

D

d4m.test

amedman said:

Ummmm... what is Heselite crystal? Thanks.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
bwdunn said:
amedman said:

Ummmm... what is Heselite crystal? Thanks.

Its the blister shaped watch glass as originally fitted to the real Moon Watch. A gen crystal will have a tiny Omega logo etched right in the centre of it.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
According to Trusty, the moon watch has already been discontinued. If you want one buy it now. It ain't gettin better!

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
For all its faults and inaccuracies, it's hard not to forgive them all to get one of these:
Moon-Final%208.jpg

dangerman

4/10/06
andreww said:
According to Trusty, the moon watch has already been discontinued. If you want one buy it now. It ain't gettin better!

I am amazed that they would discontinue this watch.

Surely there must be considerable ongoing demand for a classic like the moonwatch?

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
dangerman said:
andreww said:

I am amazed that they would discontinue this watch.

Surely there must be considerable ongoing demand for a classic like the moonwatch?

There can be other issues, like movement availability, factory closing down, etc. We don't really know. Oldtime dealers probably know more but they rarely share the secrets. ;)

And of course you're right, there will always be reps of Moon Watch. I personally feel that this particular model is worth getting, it's gorgeous.