• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will a rep UPO bracelet fit on a gen Planet Ocean ?

emccus01

Horology Curious
10/11/08
Hello everyone,

I have a rep UPO and love it so much I am shopping around for a gen. I am wondering if my UPO bracelet will fit on a gen watch? Reason being is that the gen watch contains the rubber strap and I want to switch them off and on depending on how I would like to wear it.

Thanks!
Ed

emccus01

Horology Curious
10/11/08
Anybody have any information for me? I am waiting to make a purchase.

Thanks so much!

emccus01

Horology Curious
10/11/08
Anybody have any information for me? I am waiting to make a purchase.

Thanks so much!

rarebear

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/7/09
I dont own a gen but I can say that the OP bracelets are pretty consistant from one to another..

I own two Panerai and are far from matching the first watch to bracelet link..
One is loose to watch the other is too close to case for spring bar to slide in..

Buy the $128 007 OP watch from watcheden.com and give it try I think it will fit..

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I can tell you the two different bracelets from Narikaa's and Sead's are not interchangeable without some modification.

I know this doesn't answer your question but it leads me to believe the only way to tell is to try one.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
I know gen dials and hands fit :)

Its my next project...

smithy37

3/2/09
I don't know if this helps, but I have a rep UPO with a Genuine rubber strap and the rubber strap fits easlily enough. I know Rubber can be manupilated whereas steel can't, but it fits nicely.

Alternatively, buy the gen with a metal strap and buy a Gen rubber one too (about £145GBP).