• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wifey comes through with a Genuine PO!!! Comparison shots..

Category 5

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/4/06
Well...I knew I loved my wife, but yesterday she showed me just one of the many reasons why. She decided the PO was a great watch for me, and after me dragging her to AD after AD to get a closer look she decided I needed a closer look at home. She bought me the watch! It was only $2000 on sale at Ashford.com (much better than Mayor's $3400 proce tag) and she couldn't pass up a sale!

Here are the mandatory comparison photos between Andrew's 4th Gen, and the Genuine. Seeing them both side by side, the AR coating on the Gen is an instant giveaway. That said, Andrew's PO is really an amazing rep. The Gen hasn't lost half a second in 30 hours...it is dead on with the Time website (WOW!).

Our two specimen

61940998.jpg

The difference in the glare is more pronounced in person (significant despite 4th Gen's AR coating)

61941000.jpg

The famous Blue Coating of the Gen

61941002.jpg

A lume shot 1 minute after a quick charge (30 seconds under a UV light) - Pretty good on the rep. not near as bright, but rather uniform across markers, hands and pearl.

61941008.jpg

Too bad the marker at 9 is crooked on the 4th Gen. Bezel color is excellent on rep. the backs and bands are almost perfect match, but since the face is what we see I chose not to photograph them.

For a high rez closeup you can click here

http://www.pbase.com/sbushman/image/61941006

So all in all the Gen proved Andy's rep to be a worthy alternative. the AR coating on the gen is just too amazing though. In most light it actually appears as though the crystal has been removed. It really is awe inspring.

geopatr69

Renowned Member
28/3/06
:D :D Great watches. Congrats. I have the black one from Andrew and love it. I just wish yhey could get the markers straight :cry: My 6o'clock is just like your 9 :lol:
The gen is awesome!! Way to go 8) 8)

sennsi

Known Member
17/5/06
thanks for the comparison! ;)

Your wife sure spoils you but at the price, I bet you would do the same for her...

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
Congrats on the new watch. Its a beauty!

The comparison shots are great. Scary how good the rep is for 10-15% of the cost. Your marker at 9, and geopatr69 marker at 6, seem to be a lottery thing as mine are perfect. Same holds true for the emblem. Yours appear to be decent but still too close.

I couldn't find anything wrong with the gen. :wink: :wink: :D :p

You are one lucky man. Not because you now own this beautiful timepiece but because you have a beautiful wife. You better have a wkend getaway planned for her with a little pampering. Shes a keeper!

Congrats again!

bignasty

16/3/06
Great comparison and you better take care of that wife! Thats super cool that she supports your hobby rather than complains about it!

Cheers,
Jon

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Replica PO.... about $300

A wife who buys you a gen PO...

PRICELESS

Congrats!

groovy

29/3/06
I must say I am very impressed with the rep.

it's 99% true.

thanks for the comparison

Category 5

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/4/06
sennsi said:
thanks for the comparison! ;)

Your wife sure spoils you but at the price, I bet you would do the same for her...

Actually, I think she felt guilty for getting a great deal on a Chopard Happy Sport last month, and showing up my wrist with hers :D

Here is her latest acquisition.

61241420.jpg

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
I have to admit, the gen is awesome, but the rep at such a significant discount is pretty damn good too.

The question is......1 gen or 5 rep's???

No, you cannot have both! :wink:

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
JCM1662 said:
The question is......1 gen or 5 rep's???

To hell with the gen or the reps, I want Cat 5's wife. She has impeccable taste. :twisted: :D
(Somehow I don't think my wife will approve of this)

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
does the rep have a half link?

Hi.

For micro adjustments, does Andrew's 4th have a half link?

Thank you

Luciano