• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

why is it so hard to buy a good white v2?

shogunade

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/12
Been scouring the trusted dealers to buy a good v2 in white. What I mean is...ok, i've given up on getting one with metal M and S hands, but why can't I find a ETA2834 with a entirely lumed bezel without happy feet for sub$350?

A point in the right direction would be appreciated. TIA.

shogunade

31/8/12
pulled the trigger with Mary/Rochest at watchintl. They told me they'll find the white with the complete bezel lumed...like this:

P1000027.jpg

shogunade

31/8/12
Another thing i noticed...

The numbers on the gen bezel change from black to white/gray...can anyone explain this? Is this the lume changing back? But there shouldnt be any lume on the numbers as the numbers dont glow in the dark. Anyone know?

P1000041.jpg

P1000023.jpg

if its not clear what im talking about...check out the wristie...then the 50 min marker on the white rubber strap on the display:
21072010179.jpg

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
The numbers on the bezel have a pearl type coating which is also metallic, so different light/angle the colour changes.

shogunade

31/8/12
The numbers on the bezel have a pearl type coating which is also metallic, so different light/angle the colour changes.

So after some thorough research and convos with Kenny, looks like the relume of the bezel is going to be damned near impossible. But there is a chance that the numbers on the bezel may still be able to be painted like the gen...reflective grayish black. Why couldnt i just prefer the black one and not the ghey white version?

Anyway...here are a few qc pics that I got from watchintl, who I must give a shout out to for their service.

After I get it and wear it around for a couple of days, its going to Europe (three continents in as many months...what a life) to get modded.

Pics to follow...review maybe...dont know as I dont think I can add any new insights from whats already on the boards, but definitely a before and after once I get it back.