• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

why did I wait so long.........

gazza

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/12/12
Just got my first Uboat watch and wow it is great!!!!! A 53" U-42 black with beige numbers. Sorry about the lack of pics but I want to throw this question out to any knowledgeable members.... If you look at the various TD websites you will see that some state the case is made of titanium and others say it is made of 316L steel???? What are the chances that different factories use different materials?? I would think that a steel construction would be way to heavy due to the size of the watch??? This is why the gen watch is made of titanium??? I'm not sure if a TD would clarify that they do sell a 316L steel case? Although my goal was to mod the watch to look like the new unicom version. After receiving it, I found out I can't electroplate titanium!!! Figured I would ask if anyone knows they have a steel U-42 before sending out emails to our busy TDs??? thanks

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
:rofl: Mind to show us some photos of your newly bought tower clock?

gazza

23/12/12
Yes Luth I meant mm! inches would make it damn heavy!!!!!!!!

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Are you sure your watch is titanium? My U-42 is SS I am pretty sure. I'll try to weight it with a cooking scale this morning. I though they were all SS eventhough they claimed it was titanium.

My U-42 is super heavy!
pY925.jpg

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
How's the overall quality of these reps?
Are they any close to the high standards of Pam reps?

I really like the u-42 but I'm afraid that I will be disappointed...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Okay, I've just put my U-42 on the scale: 208 grams with the rep strap and buckle.

Just for reference, my Super Avenger (all Stainless Steal) on Gen strap and rep buckle is 192g:
ajsHgotl.jpg

gazza

23/12/12
thanks Mirage!!!!
Panasol- I may be one of very few who do not like any Panerai but as far as the U-42 with the 6497 movement goes, they are a beautiful built watch! the dial and AR on the crystal was to me unreal!!! The actual size is crazy huge!!!

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Could you post some pics? I'm also interested in one. ;)

sleeper

18/3/13
Watcheden and a few others sell the steel models, nice looking dial on that model.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I would never buy from Walmarteden, but I am looking to purchase my first Uboat. Mirage has some mighty fine pieces.