• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

whre can I find an Seamaster like the one bond wore in blue

ahmir

Horology Curious
1/7/09
Hi,
I am looking for a Omeg Seamaster in blue the same as one worn by Bond. All the ones I have seen with wavy dial come in black or blu with black bezel.
Also I have seen in some sites that Fakey can make watches as well. Is that like make watches and put differant movements in them?

thanks

ahmir

Horology Curious
1/7/09
they dont have the wavy dial in blue with and eta movement. infact they dont have it at all in blue in any movement

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
show us a pic of which seamaster you are thinking about. there are tonnes of them around. The Bond one is the wavey blue dial, but even with the wavey blue dial, there are quite a few of them out there.

some dealers can custom make one for you including an ETA movement

ahmir

Horology Curious
1/7/09
yes the first link is the one but the second link looks like the dial is black with blue bezel

I really like the blue dial. can someone tell me how authentic this watch is and if it comes in a quartz or if i can get another movement put in.
Also can someone please tell me the following.
As well as having an inferior asia 21j movement is the body of the cheaper watches poorer construction than the more expensive eta versions or the same

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
The second link has a blue wave face ... it's possibly exactly the same watch from the same factory. All the dealers have these.

Although Omega make that model in quartz and auto, I haven't seen a quartz rep.
The cheaper reps from the trusted dealers are mostly similar quality cases etc but with a cheaper movement (not necessarily inferior) and mineral crystal instead of sapphire.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Ahmir - if you are seeing this watch with a black face and blue bezel, or blue face and black bezel, then it is poor lighting for the picture. Those combinations don't exist. If the face is blue, so is the bezel and vice-versa.
You could probably find this in quartz, but DON'T BUY IT! The quartz model will undoubtedly be very cheap on riddled with flaws.
Any dealer can get you this watch. If you pay extra ($50-100 extra) you can order it with a gen ETA movement. HOWEVER - you will most likely still get a clone movement regardless of what you order.
Since this is not a chrono watch, the clone movements are VERY good and there is no need to get a gen ETA movement.
As for getting one you will be very happy with - I can not recommend Fakey enough! He makes a truly awesome SMP with a very reliable 21J movement, and you will not receive a higher level of QC from any dealer.
Here's my Fakemaster SMP (I also got my son one and it is one of my most frquently worn watches):
WatchPics019.jpg

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
^ do y0u find that the minute hand a bit short?

that and the he valve placement always turn me off.

smithy37

3/2/09
Ah, the old black & blue debate!

Ask Tubbs, he seems to think the Brietling Blackbird has a blue dial! :mrgreen:

ahmir

Horology Curious
1/7/09
HI,
Thanks for the responce and pic. I just compared the blue with the black and am starting to think that the black looks better and has something more striking about it.
hmm not too sure on what colour to go for now. What do younot think. Blue or black!!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

Tubbs

Known Member
2/4/09
Just noticed that post Smithy!........................3 words!.......'Brother in Law'!!!