• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

who sells the best, truest to the genuine 42mm PO ?

omegazzz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/09
hello all, first time poster here and looking for a 42mm planet ocean.

can anyone point me to a seller who sells the best and closest replica of the original planet ocean. I want one with a true bezel lume eye in particular because that seems
to be a dead giveaway as a fake.

thanks

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
Hey Omegazzzz,

Here in the forum you will find a lot of o PO, since the narikaas ones, till the super mega hyper ultime 1:1.

All the dealers can source you good omegas, but you will always find some flaws, like, e.g., the omega logo with incorrect legs.

Then you will have to choose between a good looking and affordable not so perfect PO and an ultimate 1:1, with flaws, PO.

I own a 45 mm orange from Andrew and a PO Narikaa 42mm black. thosee narikaas are awesome.

It's your choice, study and choose yours.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
At the moment I think Narikaa's 42mm is the only one available and it's got a lot of flaws but is still a very nice rep. The other was the v4 or the one Sead was selling, but they are no longer available unless you find a member selling one used.

The biggest flaws on Narikaa's is the HE valve is both too big and in the wrong place. And the bezel on a 42 is coin edge while the rep is scalloped edge.

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
Hey Omegazzz, me too was trying to get the 42mm but finally decided to get a " UPO " but its 45.5mm, my wrist is just below 7" but it looks great. And also the UPO is more accurate, If you want a more accurate and if you wrist can hold it, just go for the ultimate planet ocean.

I got mine from Silix and it has a nice Clone ETA 2836,. If you choose Silix, make sure to get some pic of the watch before confirming the shipping.

Hope it was helpful.

omegazzz

12/5/09
ok thanks.

I was thinking the same thing....but is there an replacement bezel that's more true to the original lume eye for the po 45mm ?

and can u give me some info on your heuer calibre 17 grand carrera ? I don't mind
pickin up the calibre 17 reppy if it's very true to original.

Hey Omegazzz, me too was trying to get the 42mm but finally decided to get a " UPO " but its 45.5mm, my wrist is just below 7" but it looks great. And also the UPO is more accurate, If you want a more accurate and if you wrist can hold it, just go for the ultimate planet ocean.

I got mine from Silix and it has a nice Clone ETA 2836,. If you choose Silix, make sure to get some pic of the watch before confirming the shipping.

Hope it was helpful.

relayman

12/9/09
The PO is in my top three watches to wear, and even though I am a big guy, 6' 225, the 42mm is the one for me. It just feels and looks right, what can I say. I have a 42mm from WBK that has an HE valve that is close to the right position and the engraving on the back is pretty close to gen as well.

:thinking:

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
ok thanks.

I was thinking the same thing....but is there an replacement bezel that's more true to the original lume eye for the po 45mm ?

and can u give me some info on your heuer calibre 17 grand carrera ? I don't mind
pickin up the calibre 17 reppy if it's very true to original.

For lume i think you need to mod it yourself or send it to someone who know how to do this..

My Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 is not really an accurate rep, It has a Miyota os20 quartz in it and it ticks.

reeder139

Supporter
14/4/09
Hi mate, with one or two mods, the grand carrera can be a very accurate rep. Namely the rotor bearing and blue screws but I think recently, these have been fixed so check every dealer. The other thing is the date window and date font, both being too small on the rep but again, recently when looking around the websites of the trusted dealers i remember thinking the date window on some was looking more like the original. There must be different versions out there so it pays to study each one and pick the best overall but my grand carrera is a very accurate rep overall and a beautiful watch! I highly recommend it.

omegazzz

12/5/09
ya the grand carrera looks good but I want to stay away from any Asian 7750.

Hi mate, with one or two mods, the grand carrera can be a very accurate rep. Namely the rotor bearing and blue screws but I think recently, these have been fixed so check every dealer. The other thing is the date window and date font, both being too small on the rep but again, recently when looking around the websites of the trusted dealers i remember thinking the date window on some was looking more like the original. There must be different versions out there so it pays to study each one and pick the best overall but my grand carrera is a very accurate rep overall and a beautiful watch! I highly recommend it.

reeder139

Supporter
14/4/09
There is absolutely no reason to stay away from the A7750. If you do, you will miss out on many great watches.

If you're that worried, just get it serviced when you get it and you won't have any problems.

bryanhayn

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
30/11/09
There is absolutely no reason to stay away from the A7750. If you do, you will miss out on many great watches.

If you're that worried, just get it serviced when you get it and you won't have any problems.

I agree! I have a rep TAG Carrera with an A7750 that is just as accurate as my authentic Omega Seamaster 2254.50 chronometer.

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
That's true.

I have some A7750 (2 hublots, 1 AP, 1 IWC and 2 Breits) and if you'll be careful, they can last a lot of time.