• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who sells the best priced 4th gen 42mm PO

enyong112

31/8/09
Can someone point me to the right direction?
I saw the one from MarvellousReplica, it seems/looks like the 4th Gen...

Thanks,

-Enyong

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
I've been after a 4g PO for a while now (ever since I saw taka's amazing franken) but I've been reliably informed that it's no longer available new, as the factories no longer make a 42mm PO with correct HEV position (thanks for all your help taka ;) )

If you get any firm answers though, and it turns out that marvellous replica DO have the 4th gen version, please let me know.

Good luck!

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Cannot really tell, maybe you can pm takashi to ask if it is :)

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Can someone point me to the right direction?
I saw the one from MarvellousReplica, it seems/looks like the 4th Gen...

Thanks,

-Enyong

Silix claims to have the best one, even better than 4th generation. And I guess it is possible but someone needs to order to find out. I have a 4th gen that needs a new bezel and new dial so I'm thinking I might as well get another one since gen parts alone to fix it will run over double the amount of a new watch, but it is hard to say what will get shipped from the dealers. Silix price is better too and for that you can even get the nickel movement supposedly. I haven't seen one ship with genuine eta nickel movement in numerous years.

enyong112

31/8/09
Silix claims to have the best one, even better than 4th generation. And I guess it is possible but someone needs to order to find out. I have a 4th gen that needs a new bezel and new dial so I'm thinking I might as well get another one since gen parts alone to fix it will run over double the amount of a new watch, but it is hard to say what will get shipped from the dealers. Silix price is better too and for that you can even get the nickel movement supposedly. I haven't seen one ship with genuine eta nickel movement in numerous years.
\

I saw the one on Silix, I think it might be... However the second hand has a very short tip... So its very far from the gen...

tangle

5/8/09
UK
I would also love to know who has the best one as well, I am after 42mm black bezel but orange numbers, most likely on leather strap with orange stitching seems to look really good.

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
Thread resurrect. If we get enough interest, maybe we can get them to bring back the 4th gen lol

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I just love this caseback.
200910061833025317.JPG

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
Why it's etched rather than engraved by the look of it. Looks like an Asian grade case to me with the lack of serial numbers on the underside of lugs

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
I would also love to know who has the best one as well, I am after 42mm black bezel but orange numbers, most likely on leather strap with orange stitching seems to look really good.

I've got that exact same combo. I got mine from Sead, but with SS and got the leather from narikaa.

I believe the Sead version is the best out there.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Why it's etched rather than engraved by the look of it. Looks like an Asian grade case to me with the lack of serial numbers on the underside of lugs

It looks like the engraving is painted in?
I didn't know that any of the current 42.5mm PO's had a serial number on the underside of one of the lugs. IF so, I would like to see.

panther917

30/1/10

Thats a great look....I just sold one and loved it. I question that sale every day. I'm thinking about one of Robert's quartz chrono deals that came up yesterday on his forum. $79.00 for VIPs.. All 3 face/dial combos, and I need a decent quartz. Not the same, I know, but still a great deal.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
This rep is long gone. However, having modded this to an extensive level, I would say saving up for a preowned genuine will be the best way to go.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
No, that watch comes with even more flaws than PO 4th gen 42.5mm.

ochaves

30/9/09
Probably you're right about the flaws, but for what I've read, no one have complaint about Fakey's watches quality (I'm about to buy a SMP from him). As been said in other thread, it depends what you look in a rep, 1:1 as possible or a watch that's a unique piece with great quality and look, more or less similar to a gen.

Right now I'm not sure where I'm, but both positions are OK for me

Regards,