• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who makes the best PO?

joshtammi

3/8/10
Hey there,

been looking for a dealer who makes a good PO at a good price. Must take paypal.

looking for the 45mm with black bezel/white numbers and stainless steel bracelet.
not fussed about swiss movement, Asian 2824 clone mvmt is fine. (infact Asian 21J will also be fine)

im also not totally fussed about some tiny little error that is not close to gen, its a rep lol.

basically looking at around 200USD.

http://www.silix-prime.com/omes037-p-1863

has anyone bought this and can recommend?

thanks

Tmax

Known Member
19/7/10
I got a 42mm one from WBK (Wacko Bird Keeper) - here are some shots
I wasn't happy with the blue/purple AR on the crustal - I'm in UK so I have sent it off to Uwe (Fine dd) in Germany for his stripping and decent double AR coating. Look at the dial face when removed and you see it is clearly jet black - not blue black as with crystal on.

Check out a gen at an AD and you will see crystal clear dial - beautiful

So the point is look at how murky the watch dial looks, all the PO reps come with this as far as I can see. I'll post some pics when I get the crystal back and I do some waterproofing.

Hope this helps

scw_20100726_1397.jpg

scw_20100728_1400.jpg

scw_20100728_1401.jpg

scw_20100801_1408.jpg

joshtammi

3/8/10
wow, you can really ntice a difference with the crystal on, let me know how the double AR and waterproofing goes.

also, your minute hand looks very short, have you thought about getting some gen hands?

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
They are only short on the 21j asian on the ETA and clone they are the correct length

zub3qin

Horology Curious
3/8/10
Anyone know where I can get a 42 PO black dial, white or orange letters. And a leather strap. I want Asian ETA, but all I seem to find is asian 21j.

joshtammi

3/8/10
Anyone know where I can get a 42 PO black dial, white or orange letters. And a leather strap. I want Asian ETA, but all I seem to find is asian 21j.

Silix does a 42, with ETA, not sure if its swiss though. and he is a great guy, i just ordered from him.

http://www.silix-prime.com/omes040-p-1808.html

http://www.silix-prime.com/omes037-p-1863.html

those are both 45's but if you email him, and ask for this model with same specifications in 42, he will do same price.

zub3qin

Horology Curious
3/8/10
I got a 42mm one from WBK (Wacko Bird Keeper) - here are some shots
I wasn't happy with the blue/purple AR on the crustal - I'm in UK so I have sent it off to Uwe (Fine dd) in Germany for his stripping and decent double AR coating. Look at the dial face when removed and you see it is clearly jet black - not blue black as with crystal on.

Check out a gen at an AD and you will see crystal clear dial - beautiful

So the point is look at how murky the watch dial looks, all the PO reps come with this as far as I can see. I'll post some pics when I get the crystal back and I do some waterproofing.

Hope this helps

Are all UPOs the same regardless of where you get them? Or are there real differences in the crystal? I just ordered from Mary and I am hoping my crystal isn't as murky as this one. I never really understood if all the trusted sellers get the supply from the same shop, or if there are real differences (besides price) from one to the next. Anyone?

dbrinch

Renowned Member
31/1/10
Calgary, Canada
The 42mm PO is my favorite watch. I bought from different dealers, but nothing comes close to the gen..... dial is murky, bracelet end link too low, happy feet, clasp engraving is wrong, markers not vivid enough, rehault not deep enough, HE valve placement too low, hands too short...lots of visual defects. I ended up selling them since building a franken would still not be good enough and just bought the real thing. Anyone with a gen would know its a fake guaranteed unlike some of the Rolex models which are repped pretty good.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Silix does a 42, with ETA, not sure if its swiss though. and he is a great guy, i just ordered from him.

http://www.silix-prime.com/omes040-p-1808.html

http://www.silix-prime.com/omes037-p-1863.html

those are both 45's but if you email him, and ask for this model with same specifications in 42, he will do same price.

Just a word of advice, ask for a picture...before they ship it to you with a caliper in the picture.

42MM Eta or clones with the old (good) design are as rare as hens teeth. Silix had shipped out 2 different ones to another customer on this board and it still wasn't correct. Look in the buyer reviews. They did with our assistance make the customer happy in the end.

cptkirk

Renowned Member
30/12/08
Why do some dealers list them as 45 while others list them ar 45.5mm?
Does that mean the bezel size is different too?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

Could be a typo. Do you have any links?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07

Yep, who knows, that's why I would ask the dealer for pics with a caliper. I have a junk 45MM PO with ETA in my desk drawer. It has 20MM lugs. So be careful gents.

42MM PO picture here.
57a04f72.jpg