• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who is best for Omega's ???

cookie2112

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/07
Fancy a Seamaster since trying one on :D

Joshua's look good on first impression but I am new to the Omega's ???

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
I believe Andew, Ruby, TWP, PureTime, Joshua and Trevor have the exact same model, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ruby is almost always the cheapest and she seems to be pretty fast with shipping. The downside with Ruby is that she sends from Asia, so you always have a chance of giving customs a present.

Mine is from Andrew, correct 3 hour marker and very fast delivery (also from Asia). The flipside of Andrew is the relatively high price.

The Prince ships from the US of A, so you don't have any customs worries. His prices are between Ruby and Andrew.

My vote would be with Ruby here, an ETA SMP is a pretty common rep, and I've rarely heard anyone having customs trouble with Ruby. She's probably the cheapest too.

P.S. If you haven't noticed from my sig / avatar, I'm kind of an Omega fan myself. :p

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Personally, I'd go with Silix. His prices are generally about the same as Ruby's or a little below. Ruby is a good dealer, but it can be somewhat difficult to get in touch with her at times. If you're looking for the SMP, Silix carries the same one as the rest of the dealers. If you're looking for a Planet Ocean, however, Silix does carry a slightly different model of the 45mm than Andrew and Josh. The 42mm, however, is the same.

monty77

3/5/07
cookie2112 said:
thanks guys, I should point out I'm in the UK ????????

As am I... got my SMP from WBK .. it's only an Asian but it's a decent rep and very reliable. Transaction with WBK was great too, and delivery fast.

Adam

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
mini-glossary here:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtop ... t=glossary

as you can also tell, i have an Omega sig as well! but i'm sure marinlicina is a bigger nut than i am.

I also know By-tor is a heavy omega nut. As for me, i have one gen PO, a SMP and a speedmaster reduced rep.

One thing to keep an eye out for is that some smp's are missing their 3 o'clock marker, which is not like the gen. Most SMP's beign sold now are based on the older ETA model, not the Co-axial model (the co-axial model will have red letters for SEAMASTER). Secondly, most current rep models probalby have SCREWS when they should have PINS. Mine has screws and only 60 clicks for the bezel, not 120 :( but it was used at a nice price so i can't complain.

SO biggest thing to keep an eye out for is:
1) 3 oclock marker should be there
2) seconds hand should be long (there are some that are NOTICELBLY shorter)

other than that, you'll probalby find most to have screws and the pearl to be not like gen... but still a very bery nice watch.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
It's bizarre how no SMP has the He valve in the correct place, unless you buy a 4th gen PO or 45mm UPO. I had people telling me that the 4th gen and the genuine 42.5mm have it right at the 10 o clock but that isn't true, they are both placed a notch above on both the genuine and replica. I'm holding off on buying another SMP again until I find a rep with it in the right place, doubt that'll ever happen.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
amptor said:
...unless you buy a 4th gen PO or 45mm UPO. I had people telling me that the 4th gen and the genuine 42.5mm have it right at the 10 o clock but that isn't true, they are both placed a notch above on both the genuine and replica.

yup

img6350ed1.jpg

hendrixelixir

11/8/07
Josh is far too expensive. $30 for shipping is ridiculous, especially since others state their prices with shipping included.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well... I would recommend getting PO 42.5mm 4th generation or SMP Chrono. Both are accurate replicas and I am happy with both. The 2 replica mentioned leave plenty of room for modification too.

wantwatches

18/8/07
hendrixelixir said:
Josh is far too expensive. $30 for shipping is ridiculous, especially since others state their prices with shipping included.

Maybe so, but the service I have received so far is excellent :)