• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who has the "Silix Special" Seamasters???

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
I was just looking around the site and I saw them. In the pics, they dont look that bad. For those that have them, or just happen to know, is there a blaring reason theyre so cheap? I was going to get one of each, just to have them. I know theyre 21j... but so are a lot of watches.

To have them all in my collection for $20-30 each is damn good.

ome149_01.jpg

OME113.jpg

ome157.jpg

ome153.jpg

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
each of these say 'seamastei' on the bracelet

and I believe they are actually not the standard 21j movement (someone is welcome to correct me as I may be wrong).
I had the orange one at one point, tried to swap the movement into a dead pumpkin and it had the wrong dial feet positions I think.

On the other hand, get a few natos, or put these on leather and you're probably good to go for that price.

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
Yea, thanks for the response. After I posted, I decided to search for "silix" and I just finished reading about the same thing. Im not a big fan of straps and I dont think I want to wear a watch with a misspelling on the bracelet. Guess these weren't for me.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Here's one solution:...>>>

IMG_2397.jpg

Fortunately, even the 45.5 PO takes a 20mm bracelet.....
I had this "Bond" style hanging around, and it fit perfectly !
And I'm saving the "Seamastei" marked bracelet for my collection
of Chinese translation flubs...In the same box as my "Gelena Shitinerand"
casebacks!!

D

d4m.test

I had the Seamaster w/ black dial & have the Seamaster Broad Arrow w/ white dial/blue markings and the Sesmaster PO w/ pumplin bezel.. As a mate noted, "Seamaster" is misspelled, but it's on the clasp so who's going to see it? All are good daily beaters, IMHO, & have had little or no problems with them. On the Broad Arrow, there was a glaring flaw on the dial so Michelle sent me a replacement dial for free. For the money, can't beat them! Just my .02.

dave

bama1965

Renowned Member
26/7/11
North America
For what it is you can't beat it. Looks cool, all stainless, mechanical movement, tough as nails and ~ $30. Can't beat it. I waterproofed mine and have swam with it.

The stock bracelet is very cheap so I put mine on a 20mm orange Maratek NATO and it wears awesome. It does attract a lot of attention when I wear it though LOL

100_2141.jpg

Peace,
Ken