• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

who has the best 45mm Planet Ocean ?

ewing

Known Member
30/7/07
best dial, lume, water resistance, etc...
ideally with a real swiss movt!
thanks!

b16a2

13/1/07
180 posts, you should be able to use the search bar :) Look for the UPO, it's the best out there.

giztok

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/06
You should buy so called Ultimate Planet ocean 45.5mm... They are all the same from any dealers (only Sillix one is little different, not as good as other UPO). If you are from europe go with precious time, if not, you can choose any other dealer. Just ask the dealer to source you the version with true Swiss ETA or else you will get eta clone momevemnt

ales80

Horology Curious
13/8/06
my last gen planet ocean from josh kinda fell apart on me. I'm sure it's just the luck of the draw, but i had a lot of issues with it. first the pins would continually fall out of the wrist strap. then the numbers fell off the dial (well, two of them anyways). then the date stopped moving and died. movement still works aside from the date (swiss movement too). I'm not sure what the deal is -- i will admit i did use this watch as a beater though pretty brutally -- did some boxing bag work with it a few times and wore it to the gym. Lasted 9 months of pretty brutal action. Just some info/ideas here. I guess with what i put it through you can't expect anything but a gen to survive through.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i bought my 45 and 42.5 upo's from ruby, my 45 broke the bracelet and striped the crown 3 times before i had to install a gen crown and tube and my 42.5 runs slow and has has 2 lume dots fall off. these are the same ones that josh and trusty sell and they look great but i am much less than impressed with the overall quality.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Ohh.. that would be me..

miscwatch005.jpg