• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

who has a OMEGA Railmaster ??

ryaku

3/4/06
I have a vintage seamaster with a super reliable and accurate seagull taken from King and i love it.

It also has s/n on lug.

seamaster.jpg

1.jpg

sea1.jpg

Hope someone else could post better pics of Railmaster but i guess the medium size version is not that popular.
XXL version sold much more.

PANERA

I'm Pretty Popular
27/11/06
RAILMASTER XXL

SUPERB
DEFENATELY HAVE TO BUY ESPSCIALLY IF YOU HAVE A THICK WRIST......
SUPERB LUME, SUPERB MOVEMENT

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
RYAKU...THANKS FOR THE PICS, IT SUITS YOUR WRIST PERFECT, I WOULD SAY, NICE WATCH !!

I THINK I WILL GET ME A LARGE VERSION !!
....BIGGER THEN ANY PANERAI.....AND STILL SMALLER THEN MY GLYCINE !!
thanks for the nice pics everyone !!

ryaku

3/4/06
It's nothing ;)
XXL version is awesome and if you have an "important" wrist it's the way to go.

tonibari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/10/06
XXL is the way to go, but the band with it is marginal at best. I changed it Toscana quickly.

Railmasterxxlpool.jpg

here with long sleeves

xxlwrist.jpg

here a shot in the dark next to my other fav.

POxxllume1.jpg

Down the line I'll get the one ryaku has also, it looks very nice, how is the lume on this watch?

Toni

higgy

Advisor
17/3/06
Ruby has the XXL. I got one from her. I don't have any good shots of the dial yet, but here's a viewable shot of the movement..... This watch has a commanding presence!!!!!!! :wink:

Higgy 8)

100_0517new1.jpg

gmnorris

31/10/07
So Ruby has the XXL Railmaster for a ridiculously good price, I don't think I can stop myself... but it's synthetic crystal front and back. Should I be concerned about scratches, or is it safe to assume that the synthetic crystal probably isn't all that far off from the "sapphire" crystals we're getting on other reps?

Also, what are the odds there's AR on it at this price? If I recall correctly, gen has single-sided?

Lastly, her post says "Unitas 6498 Manual Handwind Movement". Again, at this price, is it safe to assume it's an asian unitas copy? None of this, of course, will stop me from buying it, I just want to know what I'd be getting... So if anyone has this piece, what should I expect??

Thanks!

Gary

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
gmnorris said:
what should I expect??Thanks!

You can expect a big, very big watch at 49mm.(I think). But the one I have is quite comfortable with the snap-style clasp. Asian copy movement and I've no probs with.

Prowatchphotos007Medium.jpg

probably too big for my wrists.
Railmaster004Medium.jpg

gee I just realized h_u posted this a year and half ago.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
well i had the big daddy one and it was a very classic looker in a bold way, but i never seemed to wear it so i sold it, mine was on a bracelet , u definitely will not have to squint to tell time with that baby , nice pics guys , i have some somewhere i will look and see and post them soon for u , my wrist is about 7.25 , not thin and not big imo

joe(rbj69)

optimis9

25/8/07
Love this watch.. But I only have a 7" wrist. Have tried the Fiddy on before and think it was too big. BTW what's the accuracy rate on this watch compare to gen?

gmnorris

31/10/07
My wrist is only around 7-1/8 or 7-1/4, but I'm a size freak. I don't think my 127, PO45.5, or 46mm B&R are too big. 49 sounds like good clean fun... at $119 I can't not pull the trigger...

RNav

27/6/07
My XXL is my favorite watch! The size is big, but does not seem as big as it is. I was also surprised by how tightly sealed this watch is. I discovered this by accident while on take-off from Detroit Metro to San Francisco. My crystal popped off as my ears were popping as the cabin pressure stabilized at altitude! Thankfully no one noticed as I retrieved the crystal from between the seats, pressed it back on the watch, and slipped it into a sock within my backpack. My SFSO finished the trip! When I got back home to Detroit suburbia, I easily repaired my XXL with a little UV activated glue and a crystal press (thanks to fleebay)! My XXL is now better than ever. I just wished to share this story as a "lesson learned" for all. Do not let this deter you from this watch. It is a classic. I do recommend you glue the crystal in place if you plan to wear it on a flight. :wink:

RNav

marcel

26/3/07
I have the the 38mm on strap. Beautiful watch, but from owning it I realize now that I need a watch with the date (and month, and day, and probably year :( ) Here is a shot:
100_0129.jpg

johnstonmurray

1/9/07
I used to have one but unfortunately no pics. I wish it had the date. Nice watch though.

horologie_unitas

3/12/06
the first gen was discontinued.....

now its back, and as far as i know.....with better crystal ( double AR )
and a better movement ( decorations )

the glued on gold letters of the first gen....fall off.....
i still love this watch !