• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Whiskey and Cognac - How do I drink it?

izebulon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/09
It's simple.

A) you can do what you want in order to APPRECIATE it
B) a good scotch should have no more than one ice cube or a similar amount of water applied. If it is older than 12 years, drink it straight. If it is older than you are, thank the provider, God, your spouse/parents/children/best friends and drink it straight
C) drink it straight
D) if it is crappy, don't drink it
E) if you just want to get drunk, then do whatever but don't get on a high horse.

enjoy!

Shadow88

18/4/10
How do I drink Whiskey? Maybe an ice cube, maybe a little distilled water depending on the whiskey. Maybe neat, depends on my mood......and if I'm smoking a cigar or not. I have a theory, if you need to put cola in it, you need to find a better whiskey......period.

Silvanos

Renowned Member
22/5/15
I usually drink whiskey on the rocks , except when I taste the great highland park 18..absolutely straight..

supersayan

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/10/15
Try it with club soda or even Coke if it's that bad, gradually add more liquor and less mixer until you're drinking it straight and can appreciate it!

Boristhespie

20/1/16
Cognac, straight. In a nice bulb. There was a trend when it was dying on its ass where the makers tried to get the frogs to drink it with mixers. Cognac Schweppes couldn't be a more disgusting combination. A nice XO warmed by the hand does me.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Boristhespie

20/1/16
781452ab458f215f4ef6339ae5cd28ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Nitroboy

19/4/16
Put 1 shot to your beer and it will make better taste. :thumbup:

frediiii

3/7/15
6020ced75bec209a60fac639d0c35d67.jpg
islays finest. For my taste at least. With a drop of water. It's almost cask strength...

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

cundiff5535

Known Member
12/4/16
ChiTown
Regardless of what you are drinking in terms of whiskey... you need to know what the alcohol content is/cask strength etc... If its moderate to low you should drink it straight at room temp. The only time water should be used/or ice is if the content is high as your taste buds become numb and you lose a lot of the flavor.

In terms of my favorites... its all relative to price.

Irish Whiskey, my favorite is Red Breast... and for Scotch, Aberlour 12 is great for the money... if you have a little extra cash nab a bottle of A'Bunadh

cundiff5535

Known Member
12/4/16
ChiTown
6020ced75bec209a60fac639d0c35d67.jpg
islays finest. For my taste at least. With a drop of water. It's almost cask strength...

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Islay whisky is fantastic stuff!! I have to be in the mood for it, but I will admit its great!

If anyone here wants to really give a friend a treat, dont tell them you are serving an islay whisky, just pour it and watch them...