• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which watch to get as an avid sports watch wearer ?

Granater123

29/6/23
Scandinavia
Having been a user of watch watches in the pre smartwatches era I enjoyed the simplicity and beauty of that.

Then the smartwatch era came and as an avid gymrat, endurance “athlete”, and what not. The Garmin fenix sits comfortably on the wrist being durable like nothing else.

However there’s just something about being constantly connected that doesn’t sit well with me. So I’m therefor looking at getting my first rep.
I have had in the past a brand watch, it was with Roman numerals, loved it till it broke. It was simplistic. Then I got a Longines hydroconquest which has been fun I guess. But a bit too bulky….which is funny because for a while I was looking at victorinox inox…talk about bulky.

Now tho I miss the classiness of Roman numbers, and maybe a slimmer watch.
Even if Panerai has caught my attention it’s probably too big.

So I’ve been looking at the IWC Tourbillion, but reading up on movements tourbillion sounds like it’s maybe not the smartest? As they are complex movements.

So what am I left with ?
Datejust Wimbledon I quite like, it’s just the Rolex brand that I don’t like what the stereotype says about you at least here in Sweden.

Any input on this ? :)