• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which PO should i buy?

Game2KFan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/11
Hello RWI Community!

I am new to replica watches and have never owned one before. I would greatly appreciate the RWI communities input here. I'm stuck between 2 beautiful Planet Oceans from 2 respected dealers, WatchEden and WBK. I am on a budget and would like to get the cheaper 79$ model from WatchEden but quite frankly i don't know the difference between the two, except that the WatchEden version is a bit bigger (and cheaper).

WatchEden 79$ PO Automatic 45mm
20110530174434_82818.jpg

Link: http://www.watcheden.net/20110721/watches-promotion.html

WBK 110$ PO 42mm
42MM-PO003.jpg

Link: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/612-omega-po-42mm-version-62565

Thank You all so much. As a newbie to rep watches, i would really appreciate help from you experienced people.

JamDot

I'm Pretty Popular
22/6/11
Welcome to the forums.
You should take a few days to search and read about each watch you are interested in.
You will find out the little flaws of each version of a particular watch.
Good luck and have fun!

Game2KFan

26/7/11
Thank You JamDot

I've read about the different generations of the Planet Oceans, i believe there are 4 different generations + the "Ultimate" so 5 i guess. Does anybody know which version these watches belong to? Thanks again

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
If you are in CONUS go with WBK. He is good to go and will stand behind what he sells you. I started with one of his PO's but "graduated" to a 5th gen from Lay shortly afterward.

From my DX using Tapatalk.

Feuervogel

Known Member
10/5/11
If possible go to a jeweller and try both watches in real. If you have a big wrist the 45mm PO could be your choice. If you have a smaller wrist the 42mm PO should be better.
A big watch on a small wrist looks ugly. I would prefer the smaller PO (tested at the jeweller). I can´t wear any Pams or Breitlings because they have the size of wall watches ;-)

If you buy cheap you will buy twice! If possible take a PO with 28800 beat - it will look more real than the 21600 beat type. And you will get a "Happy feet" rep for this price. Some weeks later you become disappointed of the cheaper watches, that´s what I learnt and I have bought twice ;-)

Robbo73

27/5/11
Thank You JamDot

I've read about the different generations of the Planet Oceans, i believe there are 4 different generations + the "Ultimate" so 5 i guess. Does anybody know which version these watches belong to? Thanks again

5 versions of the 42mm PO but sadly some sellers apply an ultimate tag to the latest version. Don't confuse the 42mm with what folks here refer to as the Ultimate PO or UPO (45mm big fella).

I found a read of the stickies in the Omega section really useful when I joined a couple of months ago. I went for the 5th gen of the 42mm from Lay. Very nice. 4th gen has a few more tells vs gen, including the famous happy feet.

WBK is a good seller and has the 4th gen 42mm with a low beat movement I think, at half the price of a 5th with a high beat.

Game2KFan

26/7/11
If you buy cheap you will buy twice! If possible take a PO with 28800 beat - it will look more real than the 21600 beat type. And you will get a "Happy feet" rep for this price. Some weeks later you become disappointed of the cheaper watches, that´s what I learnt and I have bought twice ;-)

Well said. What is a 28800 beat?

Also, just to clarify the "happy feet" is like a messed up omega symbol right? Where is the cheapest place i could buy a good quality PO rep? Thanks

Robbo73

27/5/11
A month or so ago it was Replicamake at ard $200 + shipping for an ETA clone movement (high beat). The higher beat will show the second hand sweeping smoother rather than the very slightly more pronounced tick/stutter of the low beat.

A dozen or more common options: pumpkin PO has orange bezel insert and numbers, black and white has black bezel insert and white numbers on the face, then there's a hybrid with black bezel and orange numbers on the face. You can then choose steel, leather with white or orange stitching, black rubber or orange rubber for the std strap options.

Game2KFan

26/7/11
Thanks for all the info.

Does anybody know if WBK has a website that lists all of his watches? I only see 13 watches total (only 1 PO) on his RWI section.

Robbo73

27/5/11
Nope - his section is it. He's responsive to PMs usually but he does have a limited range. How to order is a sticky in his section too I recall.

Game2KFan

26/7/11
So what does one look for in a Planet Ocean Rep?

What i've realized so far is
1) No happy feet on Omega Symbol
2) ETA clone movement (so the seconds hand runs smoothy)

Are those the 2 major tells of a PO replica?

Feuervogel

Known Member
10/5/11
Again I propose you to go to a jeweller selling Omega and have a look onto the gen! Of course you can´t go after this to a rep seller asking him to show you his better or best PO´s. But you will have an idea what´s important.

I have a 45mm lite PO. It has happy feet, a slow beat movement (but very accurate - only 3s/day) and comparing to the gen the bezel turns too soft with silent clicks. I´m planning to exchange this watch for a 42mm ultimate. But I learnt this finally after visiting the jeweller! And maybe he offers you other watches you´ll like more than the PO. Then you turn back for searching for this watch on sites of the trusted dealers ;-)

And don´t care! If you´re buying new clothes or a new car you go to the shop and try first, too.

HPoirot

31/3/11
If i were you, i'd drop by an Omega AD and find out:

Does the 42mm or the 45mm version suits you better
Orange bezel or black bezel?
Black bezel with red numerals or white numerals?
Bracelet or rubber?

Once you've zeroed in on a particular one, then start finding out which models has what flaws. With so many different combination, it's hard for us to list out all the flaws of individual models.

But the current generation of PO available at various TD should be the best.

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
So what does one look for in a Planet Ocean Rep?

What i've realized so far is
1) No happy feet on Omega Symbol
2) ETA clone movement (so the seconds hand runs smoothy)

Are those the 2 major tells of a PO replica?

Hi there welcome to the community!:thumbsup:

1. Happy feet is considered a tell on the PO reps but the newest versions shouldn't have it.

2. ETA clone movement (Asian Clone) is a COPY of the Swiss ETA movement. It runs at 28k BPH (beats per hour) or 8 beats per second which means it sweeps smoother than the Asian 21J (A21J) movement. The A21J movement beats at 21k BPH or 6 beats per second which means it will not be as smooth.

Here is an example with the Rolex Milguass. The white dial one is beating at 28k while the Black one is 21K. Of course, the smoothness varies from watch to watch because some watches have a smaller second hand, smaller dial, etc.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGWXVlKYwV4"]?Milgauss Movement.wmv?‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Also note that ETA clones will cost more than A21J movements. A21J movements have proven to be reliable and if you can live with the stutter, it's great. Personally I'm kind of OCD about my watches and prefer a smooth sweep so I got the Clone version.

Good luck and let us know what happened! WBK carries mostly 21J watches.

Game2KFan

26/7/11
Very informative post MagicDrumSticks. Thanks.

To the untrained eye, the difference between 6 beats/seconds and 8 beats/second is not very noticeable. The slower 21K BPH does not bother me. However, the happy feet on the omega symbol sticks out like a sore thumb unfortunately...

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
Very informative post MagicDrumSticks. Thanks.

To the untrained eye, the difference between 6 beats/seconds and 8 beats/second is not very noticeable. The slower 21K BPH does not bother me. However, the happy feet on the omega symbol sticks out like a sore thumb unfortunately...

Well 21k is much more likely to get called out because it's generally a huge tell and in most cases, the ONLY tell that the general public may look for. It's easier to see it if you look at the tip of the seconds hand near the bezel. People naturally think "If this was real, this would be smooth, so it must be fake." I've had it happen to me personally on most of my old New York China Town reps.

You should really think about getting the Clone. Yes it is more expensive but it will pay off in the long run. Plus getting parts for it is easier than getting parts for a 21J movement. Actually for the 21J, it's not feasible to service it since the whole movement is cheap to buy.

What's a 100 bucks more right?

giobo

6/5/10
Maybe from the video you cannot notice the diffrence..
In real life though it is one of the easiest things to tell..
Of course some vintage models weren't so smooth because they had 21600bph movements..
The gen co-axial movement of the PO has 25600bph movement, i think..
But, take the asian 2824 if you can..I have a po with it and it is really good..Also, the watches with better movements have differences in the case , parts etc..

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
Maybe from the video you cannot notice the diffrence..
In real life though it is one of the easiest things to tell..
Of course some vintage models weren't so smooth because they had 21600bph movements..
The gen co-axial movement of the PO has 25600bph movement, i think..
But, take the asian 2824 if you can..I have a po with it and it is really good..Also, the watches with better movements have differences in the case , parts etc..

Nice avatar :D Did you take that?

Also, agreed with giobo, go for the Clone, you won't regret it.

giobo

6/5/10
Nice avatar :D Did you take that?

Also, agreed with giobo, go for the Clone, you won't regret it.

I would be really glad if the photo was mine, for everything in it, but it is from somewhere else..I have some others but they are really provocative...:whistle: