• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which PO for me?

dadem0n

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/10
I'm going to order a PO from narikaa and am having trouble deciding on which way to go.

I have a 7" wrist and can't decide between a 42mm or 45mm?

Also I can't decide between the 3 faces because I want to get a black leather with white or orange stitching and deployment.

42mmPOb.JPG

Any wrist pics or any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
30012010540.jpg

This is the 45mm.My wrist is 6.25" only and i wouldnt cahnge t for the 42" for no reason...I love it...Personally talking i dont like the orange at all and the bracelet also.I have seen some people change it for a leather strap and it is looking really nice.Gor the moment i will stay with the rubber one...Good luck with any choice you will make..And dont forget post pics when it arrives...

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
any of them will fit you ................

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
It's going to be personal preference. I have an 8" wrist and I like how my 45.5mm PO looks. Friends of mine with smaller wrists have tried it on and IMHO it looked funny. Your best bet is to visit an AD somewhere and try both on. That way you'll know which one you like before ordering. Good luck.

dadem0n

20/2/10
No AD around here that I know of so I can't try them on :(

I'm liking that rubber strap.
I need to see more PO combos on leather and rubber I think.

dadem0n

20/2/10
^^ that does look good!

PAPARAS - Thanks for the pic too. I hate to ask but would you be able to take a quick pic more on the angle that tommy_boy has?

Would let me directly compared the 2 sizes and two of the faces on the same straps :)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
go with the one on the right with 42,5 mm, after a half year you can't see the orange anymore

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I've been eyeing the one on the far left for a while - that's my pick. I've seen both sizes at the AD, don't have a large wrist, and would stick with the 45.

cptkirk

Renowned Member
30/12/08
The one on the right (blk/wht) will go with anything. Although I like the orange you may be limited depending on what you’re wearing that day. The Black with orange stitch is a great color combo. You may want to go with the Black and orange numbers.

Now for size, go with what you’re comfortable with. Take a look at the other watches you have in size. I have a 7.5 wrist and bought the 42.5 from Nakaria but most of my watches are larger in size and this one IMO felt small. I can tell you that the 42.5 felt great and comfortable after I resized the bracelet but I like larger watches.

Good luck.

dadem0n

20/2/10
Thanks so much paparas :)
That's great!!! It doesn't look too big at all does it.

go with the one on the right with 42,5 mm, after a half year you can't see the orange anymore

Do you mean that the orange wears off?

watchman888

Known Member
29/7/09
I got a 45 from Narikaa - nice easy deal & hella value - and have been very pleased (except the other day the bezel bead disappeared - oh well, time for modding, I guess - and I do wear it at work). The 45 does not wear as large as I thought it would - nice strong size (don't know my wrist size - prob. 7"+) and quite comfortable w/SS bracelet. Thought the AR was a bit strong, but looked at gens the other day and it's pretty close.

BTW - before I bought from Reg I had handled a PO at the AD and marveled at the fine overall finish - the super-rep comes damn close at less than 1/20th the price

I think black and white is the classic if you are just building your collection. Black/orange numbers would be versatile also, but I would consider the 'pumpkin' an accent piece for the collection, not a foundation. There's a reason they call it a 'pumpkin' - it DOES stand out.

Just yesterday the AD had a black band on a PO in the window that looked very interesting - looked like black smooth rubber w/white edge stitching styled like a leather strap. I've gotta go back and handle it and check the price - anyone seen/priced one of these? - is it really rubber w/stitching as it looks?? I'm sure it's at least $2-300 but it would be cool to have a gen strap, esp. if it's deployant...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I have owned both.
My wrist is 7" as well
I stuck with the 42.5.

Why.........because I asked at least 10 friends(mostly ladies) and the and the 42.5 won.
Damn.........I wanted to be just like Daniel Craig!

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Why.........because I asked at least 10 friends(mostly ladies) and the and the 42.5 won.

Tru dat. My wife likes the look of my SOSF on me better than my others because they're all big, which I prefer. I guess ladies don't like the current oversize trend, but since I'm married I don't care what they think anymore. :cool2:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Tru dat. My wife likes the look of my SOSF on me better than my others because they're all big, which I prefer. I guess ladies don't like the current oversize trend, but since I'm married I don't care what they think anymore. :cool2:

Oh..I asked my wife first. Of course, I didn't like her answer. Why is she always right? Maybe AHW knows.

mkoss32

Horology Curious
14/2/10
30012010540.jpg

This is the 45mm.My wrist is 6.25" only and i wouldnt cahnge t for the 42" for no reason...I love it...Personally talking i dont like the orange at all and the bracelet also.I have seen some people change it for a leather strap and it is looking really nice.Gor the moment i will stay with the rubber one...Good luck with any choice you will make..And dont forget post pics when it arrives...

Hi Paparas,

Did that band come with the watch? If not, where did you get it? I just ordered the 45mm PO pumpkin from narikaa. I really like it.

Thanks,
Mike