• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which PO 42mm to go for?

leovincezx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/12
Hi! I'm probably going for a Omega PO 42mm but I don't know which one to chose. I think the Liquid Metal looks great and so do the Ceramic. It seems to be many PO's out there! Which one to chose? Any particular good to the genuine ones? This'll be my first replica.

davistorm

17/5/12
from what I have learned, someone correct me if im wrong....

- the V5 PO 42mm (standard metallic bezel) is the closest to GEN as a whole
- The new ceramic's are extremely close to GEN to look at from the front BUT the open caseback is a major flaw because the replica movement is NOT co-axial and therefore instantly noticeable as a replica
- The 'liquid metal' are pretty good but the strap has a pretty bad flaw (some sort of gap between the case and the first link of the strap) making it look like a replica....

Hope this helps :)

leovincezx

8/7/12
from what I have learned, someone correct me if im wrong....

- the V5 PO 42mm (standard metallic bezel) is the closest to GEN as a whole
- The new ceramic's are extremely close to GEN to look at from the front BUT the open caseback is a major flaw because the replica movement is NOT co-axial and therefore instantly noticeable as a replica
- The 'liquid metal' are pretty good but the strap has a pretty bad flaw (some sort of gap between the case and the first link of the strap) making it look like a replica....

Hope this helps :)
Thanks for this information. Is it possible to say that the liquid metal can be as good as V5 PO 42mm if the strap is changed? Has any manufacture solved this problem?

I love the ceramic transparent design even if it's a major flaw I may go for that one or the liquid metal. Any dealer to recommend? :cheers:

tanweekiat

I'm Pretty Popular
26/3/12
The V5 PO 42mm is the closest to GEN without doubt.
The ceramic and the liquid metal have a long long way to go.

leovincezx

8/7/12
The V5 PO 42mm is the closest to GEN without doubt.
The ceramic and the liquid metal have a long long way to go.
Is't the Ceramic transparent design and the Liquid Metals strap that makes them a long way to go or is there any other drawbacks? :)

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
Is't the Ceramic transparent design and the Liquid Metals strap that makes them a long way to go or is there any other drawbacks? :)

The CrPO and LM are the first version of its kind which are launched recently.

There's definitely some other drawbacks but it depend on how u see it.

doubleohseven

8/11/12
Does anybody have a picture of the GEN PO 42mm model which was produced in 2008?
Im interested in the difference between 42mm gen AR and rep AR

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
There's a big difference, the tint isn't the issue really, the rep has an acceptable bluish tint. The problem is the transparency. The gen has the blue tint at certain angles but is very transparent (the no crystal effect) ...the rep unfortunately does the blue tint but has very little in terms of transparency. The difference is massive.

//

OP go for the new ceramic if looking for a good rep out of the box. If you want to franken then go for the V5. The LM has too many flaws out of the box, it's a nice dial but just too much bother(no lume/AR/ bad pearl/bracelet). If it was a month ago then we would've been limited in choices but the ceramic is a good new offering. If it's a first rep then definitely they have a lot of advantages in good lume and AR out of the box for $300.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
just pop in a sunnydale crystal. I have a sead PO and some refer to it as V4. but yeah, the v5 is the most accurate of the "original" PO's

leovincezx

8/7/12
There's a big difference, the tint isn't the issue really, the rep has an acceptable bluish tint. The problem is the transparency. The gen has the blue tint at certain angles but is very transparent (the no crystal effect) ...the rep unfortunately does the blue tint but has very little in terms of transparency. The difference is massive.

//

OP go for the new ceramic if looking for a good rep out of the box. If you want to franken then go for the V5. The LM has too many flaws out of the box, it's a nice dial but just too much bother(no lume/AR/ bad pearl/bracelet). If it was a month ago then we would've been limited in choices but the ceramic is a good new offering. If it's a first rep then definitely they have a lot of advantages in good lume and AR out of the box for $300.
Thanks for the information. Where can I find the Ceramic? :)

davistorm

17/5/12
Just email any of the TD's (your choice) and they will let you know if they have stock or not...