• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which Planet Ocean to buy right now?

Kalsicks

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/11
Hi guys,
I admit I'm new to this but I've been reading a lot around here but still have some unanswered questions. I'll try not to ask too many stupid ones.

I'm looking for the best Planet Ocean rep I can get right now. I still don't totally understand how these things work. It looks like several dealers, or maybe all of them, stock the same reps? Or are there slight differences I should know about?

Which rep is more accurate, 42 or 45mm? Who should I buy it from and should I save some money by opting for a slightly cheaper Asian ETA movement? (By the way, I'm asking question but I believe the answer is yes, just wanted to confirm again while I'm here). I am fond of the rubber strap for comfort reasons, by the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking at the "ULT V No happy feet" model on MarvellousReplica or the equivalent replica on ReplicaMake with Asian ETA and rubber strap.

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
Hi guys,
I admit I'm new to this but I've been reading a lot around here but still have some unanswered questions. I'll try not to ask too many stupid ones.

I'm looking for the best Planet Ocean rep I can get right now. I still don't totally understand how these things work. It looks like several dealers, or maybe all of them, stock the same reps? Or are there slight differences I should know about?

Which rep is more accurate, 42 or 45mm? Who should I buy it from and should I save some money by opting for a slightly cheaper Asian ETA movement? (By the way, I'm asking question but I believe the answer is yes, just wanted to confirm again while I'm here). I am fond of the rubber strap for comfort reasons, by the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking at the "ULT V No happy feet" model on MarvellousReplica or the equivalent replica on ReplicaMake with Asian ETA and rubber strap.

Hi Kalsicks! Welcome to the fora!

There are currently 2 versions of the Planet Ocean rep.

1. The 45mm UPO (Ultimate Planet Ocean) which is the bigger, but more accurate version of the rep or the...

2. 42mm "5th Gen" Planet Ocean. Remember that this is NOT the same thing as the UPO. There is no such thing as a 42mm UPO, it's referred to as 5th gen because it's the 5th generation of replica to come out for this model. This is the one you want to get if you have a smaller wrist like me.

The 42mm version is slightly less accurate than the 45mm version but it's not so bad. If you have a big wrist, by all means get the 45mm version.

Now... onto the movements.

For this particular watch, you will find it in 3 versions. The Asian 21J aka A21J movement which is the cheapest of the 3 and will have a slightly less smooth second hand sweep.

Then comes the Asian 2824 aka ETA Clone 2824 which is a clone of a real swiss movement. This is the middle of the range as far as price goes but most people say this is the best way to go..

Finally there is the "Genuine Swiss ETA 2824" movement or "nickle plated 2824 movement" this is supposed to be an official swiss ETA movement but some people say that it's the luck of the draw so if you have money to spend, go with this option, otherwise the Asian clone is a fantastic choice.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Regards
MDS

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I think you have already answered your question... 5th generation planet ocean rep 42/45 mm depending on you wrist size, with asian clone 2824 movement from marvellous or replicamake... You did your homework well!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Kalsicks

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/11
Thanks guys! How is the rubber strap being sold with the UPO on Replicamake?

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
Quality of the basic rep rubber is "bad" so my advice is to fine a gen rubber Strap for your PO .... You may find it here or on other forum or on the Bay for approx 100 Euros And it does make a big difference in the fealing ...

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Buy one on a metal bracelet..>>>>

Then buy a gen rubber strap.....Then you can sell the bracelet if you decide rubber is for you...buying a sub par grade rubber strap is a waste.....