• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

which one should i get

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
as u can see from my list of watches below, i am in need of an omega. i have no idea which to get. i do not think i want another chrono. i like the black PO but with so many versions i wouldnt know which is most acurate
thats a big thing for me is accuracy t o gen.
i dont know, what do u guys advisse

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
Ultimate PO, 45 mm scarey heavy accurate killing watch :D

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
ok so now the dreaded question
are all "ultimate" POs the same from all dealers or do they differ? is dealer X ultimate the same as dealer Y BEst ever PO

you know what imean

my last 3 watches were from ruby, everything went fine
previous to that i had purchaed from josh / eddie but i dont like how things been going with them for the past 6months so i dont think ill get from them

also is the "ulitmate " synonemous with 4th gen

lastly, in terms of movement, i ssee some are asian 21 and some are eta
is the eta really a swiss eta, or asian copy, or swiss prts but asian made

Keyhole

Known Member
11/4/07
All ultimate versions are the same. I actually just purchased one from Ruby that will be here tomorrow. I will double check the serial number to make sure, but she assured me that it is the ultimate version that everyone else is selling.

4th gen is not the UPO. 4th gen is the 42.5mm version. The UPO is the 45mm version.

I purchase the ETA version as it is one that I plan on keeping for a long time. I have not heard any reports of people receiving asian "eta" clones in their UPO's. They are in fact swiss movements.

Here is the picture Ruby sent me prior to shipment:

upo2.jpg

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
sounds like a similar trek I underwent recently.. by the way, Tor's reviews of both the 4th gen and the UPO helped me TREMENDOUSLY..

anyhows the first question you must answer is what style appeals to you most.. it's good that you jus said no chronograph so that makes it even easier.. anyhows

in my opinion.. you're down to two choices: a 4th gen or an "ultimate"
which of course means you need to know which dial size appeals to you more, 42 or the 45..

basically it all comes down to style questions which only you can answer for yourself, browse the sites.. pull up different combinations of 4th gens and UPO's..

and then figure out which one your eye goes to most.. the combinations are amazing.. orange numbering, orange bezel, orange strap, SS strap, stitchings, etc etc etc

but you honestly can't go wrong with either a 4th or UPO.. it just comes down to what style appeals to you most :twisted:

mine came down to a UPO, black bezel, orange numbering with the black leather strap and orange stitching ^^
http://fate-owns.us/imgs/funstuff/plane ... night1.jpg

not a good shot at all since my camera is ancient and my Sony DSC is out of commission until i find the usb cable for it again (Damn sony and this proprietary junk they do)

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
i think id probably go with a 45

i noticed on trustys site, they have a 45 with asian 21 for 118$, an asian copy eta for 128$ and the swiss eta for like 260$

so there is in fact a copy of swiss because obviously u have to cautious of whether u are really geting swiss (trust no one)

in my above example, is all the dials, cases identical, just the movt the difference, and i wonder would a aisan 21 actually be better than a swiss or asian copy, it seems asians 21s are really reliable
not sure whats the down side of them

Keyhole

Known Member
11/4/07
I have no problems with asian movements either. I went with the Swiss for a couple of reasons. The number 1 is that this rep is a keeper. I don't plan on getting rid of it, so it's nice my local watchmaker can service it for me. Also with the swiss you can install gen hands which only run about $50 from Ofrei. I plan to do this with a lume job to match down the line.

Other than that, the case, dial, bezel, caseback etc...is all the same on the Asian version as the Swiss.

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
I went with the swiss as well because of the daily-beater quality this watch will have.. I'm hoping it'll last a while.

and since the OP mentioned trusty's site, it's funny cuz the combination i wanted wasn't even listed on Andrew's site but he was helpful when I was emailing him and basically told me what to do to get the watch I wanted.

anyhows if you want 45 then you're going UPO, now all that's left is finding the style/combination you like most..

manydivers

Known Member
16/8/06
Keyhole said:
Other than that, the case, dial, bezel, caseback etc...is all the same on the Asian version as the Swiss.

Hi,

Nope. The Asian version with "ETA" copy is the same, the asian version
with 21 jewels is far worse, wrong lug width, poor bracelet, no sapphire,
no AR, worse case etc. The $128 version seems to be a good choice.
In this case the Asain 21 jewel is a poor choice value wise.

/mds.

b16a2

13/1/07
Yep, either the UPO, or the Seamaster Pro Chrono gets my vote. Both amazingly accurate!

Rxus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/07
I'm no Omega expert but in 2 of the bigger dealer sites you will find 2 variations of the "ultimate" PO one is the swiss powered version with correct lug with AR and the various color combionations (bezel/dial/band) the other is the "light" version wich uses a swiss-copy movement but is also "ultimate" in the sense that it uses same case and lug with plus the color combinations much like the swiss version.

Hopefully an expert can chime in. on the details regarding caseand ther AR

Just make sure you purchase an "ultimate"

sweet

14/4/07
While the UPO is compatible with gen parts, lite isn't. Also, the caseback for lite is subpar. Flaws in dials of lite have also been noted.

AWS

15/9/06
.....have you considered the black seamaster gmt?....i love mine...even though the sec hand tip is not red...
.....but even the omega ad did not notice....cheers,aws.

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
the whole sapphire thing is overrated and miss defined too, remember back sometime ago when dealing with panerais.

the dealers def of sapphire is mineral or something like that

b16a2

13/1/07
Only two dealers can get the lite, and it uses exactly the same case and parts as the ETA version. The only difference is the movement.

monty77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/07
...I have a lite, currently with the dealer due to wonky Omega logo and 6 marker on the dial - this seems to be quite common so be sure to ask your dealer to check to ensure you get a decent one.

Also even the 'Ultimate' PO has the wrong logo ... there's a non ultimate knocking about with this fixed, but it has other flaws sadly :(

Adam