• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which generation PO is this?

notreallyreplica

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/11
PO advice

Hi guys,

Looking to take my first plunge into the world of reps. I have done a lot of reading and decided it would be with the Omega PO.

I have a local seller offering this watch, can you advise which generation it is? I believe it is 4th, but the "happy feet" seems more obvious than expected.

Also how good of a rep is it compared to the "ultimate" editions out there?

I appreciate any responses!

mljdb7.jpg

2m3qzo6.jpg

4e4r4.jpg

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
I don't know what generation it is but I know what it is not; 4th.

tangle

5/8/09
UK
if that is 42mm, it is not 4th or 5th, the bezel teeth are incorrect.
4th generation has printed "planet Ocean" on the case back not engraved.

can you post a front view, we need to see the position of the HE valve.

the bezel insert looks to have quite a thick silver band, this maybe due to being 45mm rather than 42mm.

notreallyreplica

23/3/11
Thank you all for the responses.

I've requested better pictures, such as the HE valve etc, and yet to receive a reply.

With the limited information available, does this seem like a good rep? My main reasons for considering it is I can just pick it up local to me rather than risk shipping.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
With what you've got to look at, you should assume it to be a cheap 21j until he proves differently. Should be less than $100.

This one looks to be a 45mm and you need to find out what the movement is.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

With what you've got to look at, you should assume it to be a cheap 21j until he proves differently. Should be less than $100.

Okay it's either a UPO or UPO Lite. :)

notreallyreplica

23/3/11

Thanks yes, it is A21j and most likely 45mm after I did some searching.

Appreciate all the help!

68Olds

9/7/10
US
IMHO, I think the better question would be can fashion star / look121.com / lexuswatch.com be trusted to deliver what's in their pictures? Q5 nailed it, 45mm UPO.

Movement: Swiss Eta 2824-2 Automatic movement, Steel Movement Holder, Antimagnetic cover
Functions:
Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date ( Set at Crown)
Dimensions : Dia 45.5 mm x 15mm Thk Correct Lug Width 22mm
Material : 1 piece forged case construction, solid 316 stainless steel
Back : Solid Case Caseback With Insignia
Crown : One-piece Screw down crown with o ring
Crystal: Sapphire crystal AR coating
Water-resistant

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
IMHO, I think the better question would be can fashion star / look121.com / lexuswatch.com be trusted to deliver what's in their pictures? Q5 nailed it, 45mm UPO.

Why would you want to try when any of the trusted dealers can get you a UPO and you'd know you had the best available.

Though that really has nothing to do with the original post unless I'm missing something. Did those pictures come from those web sites? He said it was from someone local.

I personally wouldn't trust any of them.

ck6459

11/9/10
It is definitely UPO, the number on the lug is 951, for 42mm PO it is 952.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Did UPO come in 21j movement? I thought they were all ETA/clone.

68Olds

9/7/10
US
Why would you want to try when any of the trusted dealers can get you a UPO and you'd know you had the best available.

Though that really has nothing to do with the original post unless I'm missing something. Did those pictures come from those web sites? He said it was from someone local.

I personally wouldn't trust any of them.
The OP's first picture is watermarked with LexusWatch.com. Google got me the other names. ;)

notreallyreplica

23/3/11
Hi everyone,

Thanks for further answering my thread's questions.

To clarify I found a local guy that is selling a bunch of reps, and this is the planet ocean he supposedly has.

Why I would pick this over a credible dealer? Well, the only reason is that it is local.

I have had bad experiences from customs to incorrect merchandise, and a face to face deal sometimes is more attractive.

But these bad experiences were before joining this helpful message board, and will probably just order online.

Cheers.