• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which dealer(s) carries the 5th Gen PO with 4813?

bonecollector

Known Member
21/4/09
Anyone know? I think I want to get it with that movement, it is robust and cheap to replace and seems to be at least as reliable as the ETA clone.

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
I got mine from Josh (Perfect clones, a TD at the geek and rwg, but not here... )

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Perfect clones and Trusty Time are the only two dealers with the 4813 model.

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Perfect clone and Trusty Time have them listed as an option in the swiss ETA version...

robaer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/10
If you plan on keeping the watch for a long time don't go with the 4813. I've had some subs with that movement and they are not as good as my eta and clone eta watches. They are more noisy, they do not keep very good time, out the box at least and one of them actually broke within a few days. The feel of the crown is very flimsy and cheap. The normal a21j usually seems more stable.
Also if you go with the eta or clone eta you can install gen hands in the future if you want.
This is just my opinion based on my own experienses of course and one of my 4813 watches still run fine after years of heavy abuse. But it still has all the annoying issues I mentioned. And one more thing, the date do not change exactly at midnight, but actually starts turning slowly 30 minutes or so before midnight.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Makes no sense to get a BS movement, buy the trusted 21J movement or the real ETA and forget all these copy cat junk movements, which is probably what Trusty or Josh will sent anyway. Remember theres a reason those two guys aren't here anymore. Don't waste your cash or time, unless you have both to waste and I call bullshit that only Trusty and Josh have that movement, please, get real.:screwed:

Pakz

Renowned Member
15/4/11
Well, I've got two "recent" watches with DG4813 (that is, 6 month or so) and both do keep excellent time, are not really noisy or anything.

It really seems like a much improved 2813... much much improved. My 5th gen PO from Josh just keeps time within COSC certifications.

Maybe I'm lucky, maybe I'm bound to have problems with these... but...

as for Josh, I've bought many watches from him over the years, and all has always been great... There are reasons why the "cartel" is not TD here... and there are reasons why they are at the Geek or RWG...

bonecollector

Known Member
21/4/09
Makes no sense to get a BS movement, buy the trusted 21J movement or the real ETA and forget all these copy cat junk movements, which is probably what Trusty or Josh will sent anyway. Remember theres a reason those two guys aren't here anymore. Don't waste your cash or time, unless you have both to waste and I call bullshit that only Trusty and Josh have that movement, please, get real.:screwed:

Well, from what I've seen around these parts, the "Swiss" ETA movement is at least as likely to be junk as anything else, probably more. I forgot which forum had someone's post who disassembled the supposed "Swiss ETA" movement, but the pictures were UGLY and the consensus seems to be that getting a real Swiss ETA in a rep is damn near impossible. I think I'll go with the A2836. If it dies, I can eventually have a real ETA put in.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
if u can't find the watch on josh's site u aren't looking hard enough. I found it. Found the price. I don't think it is worth it to skimp for that modified 21j as it is prone to breaking down according to various threads on this forum.

stick with trusted dealer. I kinda don't like the cartels. any decent trusted dealer wil tell you that you are buying a cartel watch if it is advertised as DG4813 for this 42mm PO.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Well, from what I've seen around these parts, the "Swiss" ETA movement is at least as likely to be junk as anything else, probably more. I forgot which forum had someone's post who disassembled the supposed "Swiss ETA" movement, but the pictures were UGLY and the consensus seems to be that getting a real Swiss ETA in a rep is damn near impossible. I think I'll go with the A2836. If it dies, I can eventually have a real ETA put in.

Thats right to get it a real ETA is doubtful, years ago it was much easier and more probable that you would get what you paid for but even then many of the dealers wouldn't send you an ETA movement and if the customer complained it was always the same old crap, sorry for the mistake, send it back at your expense and they will switch it for you and send the right one, or sorry but just keep that one and they'll give you a discount on your next watch, or sorry the guys must have made a mistake, or if it is a ETA its old, not lubricated, and basiclly junk. So the only resonable option is to buy the 21J models and don't buy into the lie that the supposed ETA model is higher quality the the 21J model, this is almost never the case as most are exactly the same besides the movement. Now the 21J may seem like a cheap movement and it is but then again so is the rep watch your buying, think of it like this if you spend $100 on the rep you like and it breaks your out a $100, you move on and hope the the next ones better, however if you spend $300 and over and the watch you get has a copy of an ETA or other such China movement and it breaks your out $300 or more and close to impossible to find a guy or parts to fix it, not to mention the big pain in the ass to deal with all the crap to get it sorted out. Best bet is to buy from a dealer as close to you as possible, I'm no shill for any dealer but its pretty obvious what route to go if your in the US or the UK, there are two great dealers who are honest and will send you what you paid for and take care of any problems after the sale. To buy a watch from a dealer using thier stock photos even if they do send you pics first is always risky and I gurantee you won't always get what you see in those pics they email you, take it from my knowledge and proceed at your own risk.

Now if you like sending watches back and forth to China or getting a discount, yeah right, on your next order, or just accepting what was sent then theres plenty of dealers willing to help you, just remember buy the seller first not the watch.:sub4me:

Then again WTF do I know??

Buy from China and let the stress and fun begin, if thats what your into.

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Alot of great information here but being new, I'm a bit lost. I believe I would want to go with the better movement. Which movement will allow for eventually using a set of genuine hands? And where ecactly is the 4th or 5th generation 42mm PO being offered.
I've recently viewed one on a different site that was a Franken with a genuine dial, hands, crystal and much more. I'm interested in starting with that base model that has the orange dial numbers and orange Omego logo under 12. ?
Can anyone lend a helping hand here ?

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
If you want to change dial and or hands to gen parts, you'll have to go with 2824 version (Asian clone or Swiss ETA).

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
DG28-4813
Good movement most to the time. Really smooth winding. Beat rate under gen. Lowest cost of ownership. Not likely to accept gen parts. Get it and enjoy it, good starter.

ETA Clone
Good movement most to the time. Mid level price. Beat rate over gen. Will accept gen parts. Get it and enjoy it, good collector watch at any level.

ETA GEN
Good movement most to the time. Highest price. Beat rate over gen. Will accept gen parts. Get it and enjoy it, good collector watch at any level.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
R2, aren't there alot of other mods that need to be done to fit the gen parts to a non gen movement??

Tube, crown, hands pin, movement holder, dial placement, date wheel and so on or I'm a stupid f--k?? LOL.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
R2, aren't there alot of other mods that need to be done to fit the gen parts to a non gen movement??

Tube, crown, hands pin, movement holder, dial placement, date wheel and so on or I'm a stupid f--k?? LOL.

Yes, but not many of those parts you list will "NOT" fit the DG watch. :) That was just for others to digest. Any watch you buy should tick and tell time, no? You not so stupid meng!

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
K, thanks I was beginning to think I was missing something.:unsure2: