• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

which black bezel Ultimate PO dial do you prefer and why?

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

I know it's a taste thing. Any other reason to choose one over the other (pumpkin 6, 9, 12 markers vs white)? I can't decide and can't buy both (yet). Thanks.

- bm

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
i <3 my 2006 ultimate.

its great.

personally the orange stands out too much

amadeus

Known Member
24/12/06
I too prefer the 2006 dial, give some contrast to the black dial and bezel.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
Aye, 2006 dial is better IMHO.

I'm trying to source a black bezel to the replace the pumpkin on one of my POs

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
I'd go with the black bezel/orange numbers. The orange is *just* enough to stand out without being loud. Don't get me wrong, I love my Seiko Orange Monster, but I can't wear it everyday or with everything. This PO is a nice compromise, IMO.

tenacious_b

18/3/06
well, I went with the 2006 dial (orange numbers) and I think I am about to buy the other two. I have always been apanerai freak, but I love this watch.

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Black and White for me 8)

POblk45f.jpg

POblk45e.jpg

POblk45b.jpg

POblk45d.jpg

POblk45c.jpg

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Nice shots Vaccum!!!

Personally, I never even considered any other colors than Black/White (for the 45mm).

Hyster

29/7/06
Black and White for me too, must be one of the nicest watches at the moment.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Somehow the black version makes the watch look more balanced. Black color downplays the size somehow. For 42mm I prefer the orange.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
all of them have their thrils, no doubt....i think the most masculine PO is the ultimate Black - White, a real bad boy !!

D

d4m.test

black/white for me too, for now. black/orange later. Thanks everyone.

-bm

D

d4m.test

Importr said:
Aye, 2006 dial is better IMHO.

I'm trying to source a black bezel to the replace the pumpkin on one of my POs

Try Paul. He sold me many parts including dials, hand set, date wheel overlays. Cheap.

-bm

Dario33

19/5/06
I love the contrast of the black bezel/orange numeral version. So, I vote for 2006 dial. :)

e36wchmstr

8/5/06
Black/Orange all the way.

How can you have a Planet Ocean with no Orange? It's like coffee cake with no coffee, peanut butter no jelly, mountain no dew. Well maybe not EXACTLY like those, but very similar in some sort of way.

I prefer the Orange/Orange on the 42mm, but for the 45mm the full orange is a little much now.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
Colorful!!!

I opted for the black with the orange numberals. After all, with the all white, it looks like damn near every other divers watch. The little bit of color gives this watch a personality all it's own. Besides, with the change of a bezel insert, you can have a completely different and accurate watch.

RobbieG

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/9/06
Black 42MM for me...never really considered any other version. I would wear the 45MM only on the rubber as the bracelet is version is really heavy. My wrist is also 7 1/4" and the 42MM is just right. As for colors I really don't care for the orange. The black with orange numbers is OK, but for me the standard black is the choice.

PO1.jpg