• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where's Hont

hontwatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/12/06
dadog13 said:
hi my friend!

hope you have some nice time in Dubai...enjoy your stay there and I wish you a safe return back home!

thanks friend :)

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
I'm glad the guy is back. I placed my first order with him one week ago and have not received a confirmation as of yet.
No worrries though, the glowing reviews here is why I gave this fellow a try.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
OMG! that duty free shop.....it's like all my dreams rolled into one!!!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Importr said:
OMG! that duty free shop.....it's like all my dreams rolled into one!!!

I know I must go and bring my wife's credit card with me. :D

gazumi

Renowned Member
21/8/08
Hi Hont, have a good time there in Dubai. Those Breitlings in that pic are niiiiceee.

I noticed those Dubai duty free prices are not low, at least compared to the US anyway. The tag on the Steelfish is 9611 AED = $US2616. When I was shopping around for one recently, it was around $2400 including Cali sales tax, before the heavy duty haggling.

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
Anyone that hasn't used Hont before - don't worry and be patient. The guy is on the other side of the world so can't get the orders out at the moment.

In my opinion he is the best dealer we currently have and I wouldn't use anyone else.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Someone told me Heathrow Airport is the cheapest place to buy high-end, duty free watches from, don't know if it's true, anyone know for sure?

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
sconehead said:
Someone told me Heathrow Airport is the cheapest place to buy high-end, duty free watches from, don't know if it's true, anyone know for sure?

I don't know for sure, but I seriously doubt Heathrow is cheaper than anywhere save Geneva or Tokyo.

I recently went to Doha airport and their duty free was pretty cheap - much cheaper than the UK. I would guess Singapore or Hong Kong would have the cheapest.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
I certainly wouldn't think Heathrow is cheap. And actually, I have never ever seen a duty free shop that is good value (including Singapore, HK, Dubai, etc). They may take the duty off, but then they inflate the base prices anyway. The best deal on gens when I travel are from small ADs who can give you a good price, and then you claim your tax back at the airport upon leaving. That way you get the tax off on a good rather than a rip off price.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Hont is out of country at the moment till 24 Oct. He has difficulty in accessing the net.

whitestripes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/08
Hmm,

If this is true perhaps he should not be taking new orders without informing customers that he will not be able to ship it out for another week (although I read something about his brother taking over while he's gone?) I just paid for a rep thinking it would come quickly, but now I have to wait a week. Hont's service is phenomenal, and he's the only dealer I use now, but I would have rather just paid when he got back to minimize any trouble. In my experience, the longer between payment and services rendered, the greater the risk of unforeseen problems.

However, I still have faith that he will provide his high quality service; just a week later.

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
I just received a watch and some pens from Hont yesterday.. He had his brother take care of the order, no problems...