• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where are the SS (Super Sub)...??

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
We have been having the SSD for quite a while now...My thought was a Super Sub should not be far behind after it....But so far, we haven't heard anything about the incoming of the illusive SS...Anybody have any news...?

I have bought a gen. insert for it and am getting frustrated for the long wait...Maybe I should just sell the insert and forget about the whole Sub thingy.... :(

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
now that the gens are moving to bigger sizes, we probably wont see too many more 40mm sub upgrades. If anything i hope they are working on the new deepsea rep

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
It can't be that hard to get the crown guards, rehaut depth, date mag, date font, pearl, etc. correct. BUT... with so much demand for the existing sadly flawed Sub reps... what is the incentive to develop a new one? I feel your pain and I would buy a 1:1 "Super" Sub in a heartbeat... but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
tutima said:
We have been having the SSD for quite a while now...My thought was a Super Sub should not be far behind after it....But so far, we haven't heard anything about the incoming of the illusive SS...Anybody have any news...?

I have bought a gen. insert for it and am getting frustrated for the long wait...Maybe I should just sell the insert and forget about the whole Sub thingy.... :(

Bk Mariner with gen dial. There's your super sub right there! :)

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
guanaco said:
tutima said:

But the rehaut depth!! It'll still be like 1mm too shallow!!!!! :wink:

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
guanaco said:

Yes, it is good but not quite good enough...The problem is BK starts with a noob case with the un-moddable flawed rehaut....

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
We are WAYYYY to critical of the sub. All the "Super" have issues that keep them from being perfect reps of the gen:
BCE have you seen the end links?
Hublot who the hell wants stickers on your movement?
SFSO, come on now would it have really been that hard to put lume on the tach ring?
................ and on and on.

Buy a gen rolex and put the rep into the box with the receipt.... take it to the hood and see if they steal it, then you'll know they thought it was real.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I could not agree more with Supermanx. I have handed my LV Sub to people that own one or more Rolexes and have had them anounce to the group that it is definitely real. Usually accompanied with see the hologram, the crown etching etc.

I hope they do a good job of on the Deep Sea. There was a lot of criticism about the watch when it first reared it's head on the forum, but I like it. Especially in 42mm. So this proves there is no accounting for taste. Of course I am friends with Billvest, so my opinions will always be suspect! :D

AllergyDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
3/5/07
I remember reading that the noob factory was working on a "Super" Sub shortly after the SSD came out, I haven't heard anything about it since. The new Rolex models haven't even been released yet. It doesn't make a lot of sense to start working on their reps yet. A "Super" Sub would sell well.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
brtelec said:
...I hope they do a good job of on the Deep Sea. There was a lot of criticism about the watch when it first reared it's head on the forum, but I like it. Especially in 42mm...

...The new Rolex Sea-Dweller DeepSea is 43mm :) ...not 42mm.
Same size of the Yacht-Master II.

Cheers,
Spirit.

pfran42

Known Member
18/6/08
I am going to have to side with the Eurotimez Euromariner.

Same case as WM9
Noob bracelet
Noob dial

Shave the CGs, mill the insert and get a WM pearl. You can't get any closer IMHO.

If you want to get super nerdy later on, you can install a gen crystal, gen bezel insert and gen crown.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
i wouldnt bother with the crystal personally but a gen crown and better pearl are a must on any rollie franken. Gen crown should be easy on this one. the case tube hole should be the same size are the gen tube. You might have to run a tap through it to clean up the threads but thats about it. My last MBW i modded didnt need drilling at all.

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
pfran42 said:

Same case as WM9
Noob bracelet
Noob dial

Shave the CGs, mill the insert and get a WM pearl. You can't get any closer IMHO.

If you want to get super nerdy later on, you can install a gen crystal, gen bezel insert and gen crown.

Sounds interesting...But I don't see it is up for sale yet....

pfran42

Known Member
18/6/08
tutima said:
pfran42 said:

Same case as WM9
Noob bracelet
Noob dial

Sounds interesting...But I don't see it is up for sale yet....

http://www.eurotimez.com/page65/page5/p ... ge144.html

ckdexter82

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/07
One definitely needs to balance value with appearance. What's the point of paying-up whan all you are really looking for is whether the replica is truly passable when worn on the wrist?

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
for $4,000.00 you can get a decent sub rep..

is like everything else.. follows curve of Parabola..

to get decent, acceptable, no expensive,

to get much better costs lots lots more..

to go franken.. way way espensive..

and no one outside of a very very few either know or care..

if goal is to pass watch as genuine, to people who know a thing or two?

Go forth, visit AD, buy gen..