• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

When my Genuine PO orange meets my Andrew's 4th Gen PO

cwai02

Renowned Member
16/3/06
I just received my Genuine PO. I got it for about $1400 on ebay.

FYI: The number on the case back cover is 168-1653, in case you need this number to order genuine parts.

Comparison:

Case: seems to be 1:1. At least I can't tell any difference.
Bezel: A little thinner on the gen. Color is correct. The pearl looks better on the gen. Font is correct.
HE Value: Correct. Teeth is shaper on the rep.
Crown: The omega logo is larger on the rep. There is a circle outside the omega logo which is incorrect.
Case back: More detail on the gen. The font of "Planet Ocean" engraving is smaller on the gen. The size of the caseback cover seems to be smaller on the gen. The engraving is deeper on the gen.

Genuine PO has anti-magnetic cover which 4G doesn't. There is also a serial number on the case.

Some pictures:
Genuine Orange PO 42.5MM - with strap.
Andrew's 4G Orange PO 42.5MM - with bracelet
Andrew's 4G Black PO 42.5MM - with genuine SMP rubber strap

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

After all, I don't suggest you to get the ultimate version. Stick with the original 4G which has more correct logo position imo.

Old pictures:
04.jpg

25.jpg

eLiNK

2/4/06
Nice review.
Thanks.

My concern with the 4th gen is the logo positioning seems to be hit and miss.
Some guys including you report correct placement, while the logo on others' watches really touches "OMEGA", which is for me unacceptable.

Hari Seldon

22/3/06
Awesome review cwai02! The reps really do look fairly good compared to the genuine, but nothing beats the real deal. So are you interested in selling your Orange 4th gen now? :D

Edit: Actually, looking at the "three in a row" pictures I am amazed how much alike the genuine looks compared to the rep.

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
Ok, now I really will order the 4th Gen PO, before they screw it up!

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
that was a steal of a deal from the bay! and those are great photos and comments!

I notice there are quite a few of the gens up for sale ... they seem to be anticlimactic for people who finally get them into their hands. I even have a friend who complains that the 42mm is too small and the 45mm is too big… All I can say is I was sold on it from the first picture I saw and I wasn’t disappointed by the 42mm rep. I’m sure the gen will be just as nice.

Congratulations cwai02!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
cwai02 said:
FYI: The number on the case back cover is 168-1653, in case you need this number to order genuine parts.

That's what I have been longing for!!!! MILLION THANKS!. 100RW$ for you.

Nebakanezzar

Known Member
16/3/06
Wow! looks great.

Gratz on the gen PO!

The AR coating makes a huge difference too, huh?

Still waiting for a good 45mm version to come out...

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
WOW ..very good ...Im also waiting for 45mm ...would be nice ...with rubber band too...alraedy tried the gen ...

Pizzanooo

Renowned Member
17/3/06
Yeah, waiting for the 45mm.
After a few new Pams, I`m proportionally challenged.
0001631small7ko.jpg

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Is that a snake skin on the PAM?? I like the looks of that one. Nice to see a side by side comparision of the PO's. I am very pleased with my 2nd gen. On the wrist, a person would be hard pressed to see it was not real in my opinion.

kingkitesurf

Horology Curious
24/7/06
Is it my simple mind that sees the white border on the numbers of the dial. Its orange printed on white where the genuine has no white. Looks a bit off to me or am I knitpicking.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
Good review, and better steal. Loving the straps.

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
kingkitesurf said:
Is it my simple mind that sees the white border on the numbers of the dial. Its orange printed on white where the genuine has no white. Looks a bit off to me or am I knitpicking.

I'm looking at mine right now, and I can't see any white on the numbers. It may be the photos, or maybe mine's a later model :) BTW, I can see the white in the pictures as well.

acidzerocool

Renowned Member
12/7/06
Thanks to this post my IWC GST Ti is put off now I want a PO orange with rubber strap

Awesome pictures great review :shock: :shock: :shock: