• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WHAT's UP WITH CrPO PROBLEMS?

BigBuys

3/11/11
I know I'm crazy, but is it just me, or is everyone having problems with the new Omega CrPOs? I have a 45 and a 42 and they both crapped out upon receipt. These have only been available with Swiss ETA movements and yet they are failing worse than Yugos.

I have already read several other threads about failed CrPOs, so, what has your experience been with this recent release, which is a beautiful watch?

firesuite

I'm Pretty Popular
30/10/12
Los Angeles
I bought two of them early on and one of them failed, didn't want to wait on returning it to China so I sold it at a loss, the buyer said he had to replace the balance wheel to get it running. The other one I still have and thankfully is still running well :/

the_art_of_luv

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/6/13
I am glad that I didn't buy it. I bought a Pam111v3 instead. May be give it a little more time for the next generations.

MARK746

28/10/12
BC, Canada
I received my 42mm CrPO tonight, after adjusting the bracelet, I set the date and when I tried to set the time the stem came out. Just emailed the TD about it, waiting to hear back. Its a great looking watch, I was very impressed with the look and feel, but WTF is with the movements in these watches?

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
ive got 2 x 42mm crPO's (pretty much when they first came out) and never had an issue with either one, both run great...stems & crown are flawless

only thing i can complain about is the durability of the outter AR coating (scratches quite easily) but other than that...good watch IMO, probably not worth $320ish tho...

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Don't forget that these are re-conditioned movements most likely, or possible a mix of chinese and swiss parts at best. Finding a NOS Swiss movement in your watch is highly unlikely.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
No problems, have had 2 of these. Both movements ok but not as smooth to wind as genuine Omega CR PO movement.

Jnkay1

Known Member
23/3/12
So far so good with my 45 mm ti. No movement or bezel fade issues. Stem does seem rather fragile and it makes me nervous, especially with all the trouble others are having.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Stem is a few bucks to replace so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Dolf2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/12
Bought a 45 mm and the movement was "swiss" - it lasted 3 days and failed... I did not want to return it to the seller, så i bought a new movement... Now it is running like a champ...

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
Got mine from Josh when they first came out, the movement was a workhorse and smooth. The rest of the watch wasn't up to par so I sold it at a loss. Im hoping Noobs Cupo will be a keeper.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I've had mine for a 3-4 months now and I have to say the movement has been running fine; I've regulated it to +5ish / day. Just a couple of gripes:

-Bezel insert markings have faded slightly (but not as bad as some and acceptable IMO)
-Pearl is a fraction tilted but not obvious
-Only one and a half turns on the crown to lock, but not a prob as I keep it on a winder if I'm not wearing it.
-The AR coating has picked up a couple of very subtle nicks, but I'm guessing the gen suffers the same issue (perhaps slightly more durable?)

Overall I love this watch. I've toyed with the idea of buying the gen, but it's a little too chunky for shirt cuffs so I'll probably settle for this as a companion piece to my Speedy Pro.

It'll be interesting to see what the Noob boys come up with (if they ever get their act together!). Like a lot of BP factory offerings, their CrPOs are cosmetically bang on, but suffer erratic QC. What ya gotta ask yourself is do you feel lucky... Well do ya...punk?

View attachment 23531