• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's the trick to re-installing a Rolex or other bracelet

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
back on to the watch? Since the Rolex Oyster bracelet and the bracelet on my Breitling are curved at the ends,it's hard to compress one end of the spring bar and then twist the end link a little to compress the other end. Basically what i am saying is,it's not as easy as putting on a leather strap or a bracelet that has straight ends. Am i the only one? Please tell me i'm not. :lol:
I have seen a tool that's marked for Omega bracelets that'll probably work. Any hints guys? Thanks :D

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I use one of those little tiny screwdrivers and my 10X scope. I cannot seem to see upclose as good as I used to. :? Strange how age effects the body.....You hit 40 and start to notice weird things like hair growing in and around your ears!?!?! Whats up with that!?!? :shock:

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06
erd04056 said:
I use one of those little tiny screwdrivers and my 10X scope. I cannot seem to see upclose as good as I used to. :? Strange how age effects the body.....You hit 40 and start to notice weird things like hair growing in and around your ears!?!?! Whats up with that!?!? :shock:

Not sure....i'll let you know when i turn 40...i got a few years..thanks for the tip.. :D

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
I use a little tiny screwdriver. You know the kind you would use on eye glasses. Works great.

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
Push pin or thumb tack, what ever you might call it works great for me.

ultimate watch strap tool.
tack.jpg

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Re: What's the trick to re-installing a Rolex or other brace

repliking said:
Any hints guys?
Top, proper tool from Narikaa's watch tool kit. Bottom, free tool with a $15 strap from my local supermarket. Memory Stick Pro Duo for scale. You've all got PSPs, right?

tools-01.jpg

vmena

9/4/06

repliking said:
back on to the watch? Since the Rolex Oyster bracelet and the bracelet on my Breitling are curved at the ends,it's hard to compress one end of the spring bar and then twist the end link a little to compress the other end. Basically what i am saying is,it's not as easy as putting on a leather strap or a bracelet that has straight ends. Am i the only one? Please tell me i'm not. :lol:
I have seen a tool that's marked for Omega bracelets that'll probably work. Any hints guys? Thanks :D

I'm with you. For me it's difficult change bracelets and a tool like the one in pics may help. I would take one if it works also with Rolexs.

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06

vmena said:
repliking said:

I'm with you. For me it's difficult change bracelets and a tool like the one in pics may help. I would take one if it works also with Rolexs.

It probably would work....but it's like $120!! Forget it. :(

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06

Pugwash said:
repliking said:
Any hints guys?
Top, proper tool from Narikaa's watch tool kit. Bottom, free tool with a $15 strap from my local supermarket. Memory Stick Pro Duo for scale. You've all got PSPs, right?

tools-01.jpg

Pug,i do have a similar tool....the Bergeon 6767....works good,but sometimes it's still a pain in the ass!!

Hari Seldon

22/3/06

repliking said:

This tool is probably the best, and I would like to have one, but it is $100. So, what I did is buy a $1.25 pair of tweezers at the grocery store, bent them so they had a wider opening, and them used my dremel with a grinding stone to file the ends down so they replicate the dual prongs on this tool. tNow I can depress both ends of the springbar at one time, just like this Bergeon tool pictured here, but for 1/80 of the price.

repliking

Renowned Member
2/4/06

Hari Seldon said:
repliking said:

This tool is probably the best, and I would like to have one, but it is $100. So, what I did is buy a $1.25 pair of tweezers at the grocery store, bent them so they had a wider opening, and them used my dremel with a grinding stone to file the ends down so they replicate the dual prongs on this tool. tNow I can depress both ends of the springbar at one time, just like this Bergeon tool pictured here, but for 1/80 of the price.

Thanks for the tip Hari....i'll have to try that one :D