• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's the Gen PO Lume Color, and Poll re deviating (VOTE)

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Hi
I have a 42mm I'm going to get lumed, what's the gen color for the PO?

I really like the Millgauss with the 2 tone lume.
If I went off the grid and did something along those lines (pictured below) would Rep "Purists" (an oxymoron if ever there was one) banish me to Rep Purgatory?

DSC01544.jpg

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Normally I'd say go with the status quo but in this case that looks pretty good or actually or will do when all 4 quarters on the PO are blue lumed. Go for it! It'll add a nice personalization to the watch. If anyone asks you whats going on you can tell them its an LE and cost 2 grand more :D which is what Omega would charge for it ;)

rychastings

2/10/10
I would just keep it the way it is factory. the different colored lume looks great on certain watches like the milgauss which are meant to be different looking but it doesnt really represent the character of the PO in my opinion

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I'd guess people just can't look beyond keeping it 'real' by the votes above. Thats fair enough. And not having a go at rychastings comment but imo the PO doesn't really have 'character' at this moment as its a babe in arms at this stage of its evolution. The Old SM300 and 2264 had character in abundance, the PO gets its styling from them but the PO has yet to really establish itself.

Anyway I change my mind and think that you should stick with just one color as it might look a bit off during daylight, so I suggest going with all blue lume rather than the default.
More than likely Omega will give us a PO with blue lume in future as a special ed so you are just getting in before em :)

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Yeah, as I think about it, I'm in the 1 color camp, but will prob go with the blue like a couple of you said. Blaze a trail!
Woot woot!
Thanks guys.
Oh, the issues I must deal with each day. How do I handle the stress?
Intestinal fortitude (that's an obscure reference to Porky's - the old movie. It just came to me!)

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yeah, as I think about it, I'm in the 1 color camp, but will prob go with the blue like a couple of you said. Blaze a trail!
Woot woot!
Thanks guys.
Oh, the issues I must deal with each day. How do I handle the stress?
Intestinal fortitude (that's an obscure reference to Porky's - the old movie. It just came to me!)

Lol, we all have those trials and tribulations every day :)

Personally I think blue will look 'the mutts nuts' to steal a term...omega seems to think so as well, on their PO liquidmetal anyway!

lume.jpg

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Sick!
Done.
Blue.
will post pics when I get around to sending it out and eventually get it back

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Cheers Watchdoc pics will be cool, twill be interesting to see it, actually I'm seriously considering getting it done myself. I must get hold of one of the new 5th gen PO soon though...I guess I'd need that first :)

MMA

5/10/10
There's an old saying for aspects of good design. It goes "blue and green should never be seen".

While rules were meant to be broken, i think this one should strongly apply for lume.

a PO with blue lume might be cool though. You can also pick up blue replacement bezels and blue straps for them if yr after something orig. Post pics once yr done!