• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Whats the best Tag Replica? Is there an "Ultimate version"

chrisroc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/09
I like the design of the carrera, but I only want one that is really close to the Gen. Is there a really good Tag replica? All opinions are very much appreciated!

watchman1

Renowned Member
21/11/06
As a HUGE Tag fan myself I can tell you that there is no ULTIMATE rep. I have the Tag Carerra and it is a VERY VERY good rep. Although the date wheel is a little different than the gen it compares very favorably to it (I bought a gen version of the Tag Carrera because I loved the rep so much). I have included a picture of my rep Carrera (I have the Carrera as well as the Grand Carrera Caliber 17 and Caliber 8 Grand Date- I told you before, I am a HUGE Tag fan).

I know the picture is not very good and does not give you a close up view but I hope it helps.

100_0578.jpg

watchman1

Renowned Member
21/11/06
I also found a picture of the back of the carrera. As you can see it has a exhibition back just like its gen counterpart.

100_0563.jpg

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
The Tiger Woods Golf watch is a nearly dead-on rep. D4M sells them on his site, as do others.

b16a2

13/1/07
The 'ultimate' tag by sellers is just about marketing.

Some of the Tag's are just as good as the ultimate' watches that get released these days;

Carrera Day Date
Link Chrono
Carrera Tachy
Aqua Racer
Carrera Auto

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Oh jeez here we go. No matter what I swear this is the truth as I have seen them all at this point.

The Aquaracer day/date in black is one of the best if not the best Tag rep out there. I have built several of them. But the 7750 issues that are going on right now make it a potential problem. Especially with the daye setup.

The Carrera. 7750 once again. Visually it's pretty damn close. Personally I think the looks are 'ok'. The pushers can have trouble because there is nothing supporting them. And they are dirt collectors.

The Golf watch. besides the fact it's PVD [smilie=angel10.gif] I like it lot.

The Formula, well what can I say. Just look at the pics. It's quartz, it's about spot on. A little flimsy in the bracelet. The gen ain't no star in that respect though. The bezel is a little notchy. I know it's on there securely but it just feels like it could come off in your hand. With that said it's not a bad watch for the price.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Dont forget the SLR! After Taka's review, it is very difficult to spot any obvious flaws. Even the date wheel height appears to be ok :)

But yes, I think the most accurate TAG reps would be the Carrera Chrono Tachy, Aquaracer Chrono, Link Chrono....oh and the F1