• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Whats the best Speedmaster professional Rep?

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
Any of our trusted dealers can help you out.

JellyJoe

28/9/09
Unluckily the speedy is one of the less accurate and easily spotted reps together with 16xxx and latest Daytonas.
There are several issues, dial spacing mainly and that cannot be fixed without a different movement.
It depends very much on what you feel you can live with. If you dont demand perfection, I'd suggest a Seagull ST-19 Lemania clone movement. Solid, reliable and at least its manual like the gen ;)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
There are several issues, dial spacing mainly and that cannot be fixed without a different movement.

But they have the new co-axial MVT that mimics the correct subdial placement, the buggers just haven't used it yet and it's pissing me off! The issue with the Sea-Gull (note correct spelling) ST-19 is that it's only a two register MVT so one subdial is faux (fake). It's not a Lemania clone either JJ it's an improved version of the Venus 175. The "Lemania" bit is a marketing tool used by dealers for so long even some of them probably believe it now. Not a copy either, Sea-Gull bought the thing lock, stock and production tooling in the 60s.

Col.

JellyJoe

28/9/09
You are right Col. They are very similar movements but the ST-19 is more precisely a V175 clone. They also call it V72 clone and its not a Valjoux clone at all. I think it's commonly known as Lemania clone or V72 clone because those are the movements in Omega Speedmasters calibers (with a few mods) and vintage Rolex Daytonas and even noobs know those names, while I doubt noobs know in which watches Venus movements can be found (even vintage Breitlings had Venus 175s but its a name only experts know).

I wish the new movs would be available, but I am afraid as always they will try to get rid of all the old ones before showing the real deal on the counter. :/

horologik

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/6/09
Montreal, QC, Canada
Sorry to interject with this request.
Does anyone know where I can get a Crown and Stem that would fit that Venus/Sea-Gull movement? I have the Speedy Pro but lost both when it broke.
GREATLY APPRECIATE

JellyJoe

28/9/09
Stems can be cut, UKcousins and Ofrei (depending on where you are) might have stems, check their sites. As for the crown you better ask a trusted dealer unless you fancy going for gen. Once you need a replacement... ;)

MAC

Horology Curious
23/8/10
N3rd, The speedmaster day and the day/date has correct subdial spacing, the one that has incorrect subdialspacing is the moonie with subdials at 3, 6 and 9 they are too far apart from each other.

The reason for the day and the day/date having correct subdial spacing is that they have the same movement as the gen, the 7750. I'm not really sure, but i think some models of the day/date have the correct omega logo (No happy feet) you'll have to search in the dealers section, but i think josh have them.

The black is stunning, but the AR is kinda strong and the blue tint is noticeable.

So i would recommend the day/date black or white one with no happy feet, and a AR Modification.

A day/date with the AR mod would be virtually perfect, since it has correct movement, great case back, laser etching of serials in the case lug at 7, correct omega logo, great bracelet...

Hope this help and i apologize for my crappy english.

MAC

Horology Curious
23/8/10
N3rd, The speedmaster day and the day/date has correct subdial spacing, the one that has incorrect subdialspacing is the moonie with subdials at 3, 6 and 9 they are too far apart from each other.

The reason for the day and the day/date having correct subdial spacing is that they have the same movement as the gen, the 7750. I'm not really sure, but i think some models of the day/date have the correct omega logo (No happy feet) you'll have to search in the dealers section, but i think josh have them.

The black is stunning, but the AR is kinda strong and the blue tint is noticeable.

So i would recommend the day/date black or white one with no happy feet, and a AR Modification.

A day/date with the AR mod would be virtually perfect, since it has correct movement, great case back, laser etching of serials in the case lug at 7, correct omega logo, great bracelet...

Hope this help and i apologize for my crappy english.