• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's my broken broad arrow worth?

jack

Known Member
26/7/06
I really need some opinions on what my non-working Broad Arrow with an Asian 7750 Valjoux movement and black face might be worth? I'm trying to figure out if it is worth finding a replacement 7750 and either upgrade to Swiss or swap another Asian, have this one repaired and serviced or just sell it as is and be done with it. The dealers have this watch listed in the $260 range to give a starting point. Thanks

jack

Known Member
26/7/06
OldeCrow said:
have it repaired!

The next option would be to upgrade to a swiss 7753 but I am not familiar with the problems associated with that upgrade.

if the upgrade turns out to be a decent option there is one for sale on PMWF

http://www.pmwf.com/cgi-bin/SalesForum/ ... read=49022

I'm told that to have it repaired requires a full service plus parts therefore I'm looking at about $200 minimum parts, labor and shipping to end up with th same asian 7750. The upgrade would be nice but an additional $350 minimum parts, labor and shipping on top of the watch cost takes me to over $600 for a rep. Neither option seems worth it :cry: but right now I have a $260 paper weight.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
The 7750-powered Broad Arrow rep has a 9-6-3 subdial arrangement with date at '6. I could be wrong but I think it's not even possible to upgrade to Swiss Valjoux.

If I were you I'd ask the dealer who originally sold you the watch if he had access to a spare movement... and preferably the new version (if the new batch of Broad Arrows are equipped with it).

Other option is to send it Ziggy... and repair and service it.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
and perhaps vaccum could do for less than zig... AND,
he is in USA.. no Canuck Customs...

:D
Life is Good!
K

D

d4m.test

I am in the same boat. My white faced Broad Arrow went belly up. Not sure how I did it but I screwed up the hairspring. Don't know if I did it and that caused the problem or if I did it trying to fix the problem. Currently it is gaining 2 plus hours a day.

The movement never really would reset the hour subdial corectly so I did not have much confidence in it.

I noticed that River now has the Broad Arrow with the new Asian 7550 movement and they seem to be at a good price. He doesn't show all the models in his dealer listing but they ar shown in his photo album.

Anyone know where to buy a Asian 7550 with 3,6 & 9 chronos movement or a balance wheel assembly with hairspring?

Accutron_Guy

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
I am not sure, but has anyone tried email to Ruby??

K

jack

Known Member
26/7/06
Update....

Thanks to the advice of nfs060, I wrapped the watch in a towel and gave it a couple of firm knocks against the desk in case the movement was just jammed. Sure enough that's what it was. After a little winding I saw the nicest watch related sight I've seen in a while; the little second hand sub dial turning :eek: I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of trying that myself because beating on things is how I fix everything else :D and this watch was very close to becoming a toy for the kids anyway. So thanks to everybody who gave advice but especially to nfs060 for helping this noob out.

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
Expertise combined with technology!!

Miracle!!

Right here in the City!!

Goody Goody news!!
Wowsers!!

Cheers,
K

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
glad to hear it was cleared up

maybe thats what I should have done w/ my gst hahahah

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
Method not work for my 111H...
did try...

u r lucky ducky!!

K

jack

Known Member
26/7/06
Klink said:
Method not work for my 111H...
did try...

u r lucky ducky!!

K

Still working this morning, I feel like I won a watch raffle!

Look for my "how-to" in the tutorial section :D

nfs060

2/4/06
Im happy it no longer a paper weight. I hope the watch stays in line.
If not you might need to give it another beat down.

jack

Known Member
26/7/06
nfs060 said:
Im happy it no longer a paper weight. I hope the watch stays in line.
If not you might need to give it another beat down.

I gave the beat down in front of my other watches so they all know who's boss. I doubt we will be having any movement issues any time soon :)

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
should work on Ferrari's!!!!

:D :D