• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Whats a Used Gen Seamaster 300 Chrono Worth

AXO

30/6/09
I have a good friend who has a Gen Full Size Automatic Omega Seamaster 300 Chronometer (Jame Bond) who is thinking of selling it. He bought a Gen Rolex about 2 years ago and his Omega has been sitting in his watch box ever since. He said make a reasonable offer.

The watch is about 5 - 8 years old and has no signs of wear except for the Bezel insert has faded alittle. My friend advised he had it serviced about 2 years ago. The watch has no box or papers, I was with him when he bought it so I know it is a Gen.

My question is what is a reasonable offer and is it possible to have Omega replace the blue bezel.

Thanks in advanced AXO

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
For a newer one in great condition you could expect to pay as much as $1,900. For an older one or one with lots of wear, less...

OpenMind

Horology Curious
15/6/10
depending on condition, $1.5k-1.7ish. But, I think your bud got the short end of the deal...Your shotty MSRPs at what, $800? and the tac light is roughly $300 let's say. I would have thrown in some cash for him at least, but if he's happy...hey, the trade was "good" then! Congrats to you. It's a great watch.

AXO

30/6/09
I completed the trade. The watch has some cosmetic issues. Lots of scratches on the clasp and the Bezel insert is faded. I think the trade was pretty even.

MyNewGenSMa.jpg

MyNewSMb.jpg

MyNewSMd.jpg

I will have it sent out to Omega and have the bezel replaced and hopefully they will be able to polish the scratches out...

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Axo where are you located? I might be able to help. Are you going to brush the bracelet back to spec? People love faded inserts on this model and I bet the seconds tip is orange right? People love that too.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Don't let Omega steal your vintage insert.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
+1

Don't send it back to Omega. You can get a new bezel insert and either replace the insert and polish it yourself (both very easy). Or just take it to a small watchmaker and have him do those - then keep the old parts.

My daughter just FUBAR'ed a new gen Movado I got her. I took it to my watch guy and he replaced the crystal and polished the SS - the damn thing looks brand new (and it was pretty bad).

Forget factory Omega with this one.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yup, don't let Omega anywhere near it mate.
Personally I'd keep it as is. Damn you got a good trade there!

Col.

AXO

30/6/09
Thanks for the advice. I have noticed that Vintage is in. Maybe I'll just enjoy the watch as it is. :cool:

OpenMind

Horology Curious
15/6/10
Great trade; as long as you both are happy! When you said 300 Chrono, I was thinking the CHRONOGRAPH. In the condition and what the watch actually is, I think you did a great job; fair trade.

Someone mentioned something about brushing the bracelet/clasp. If you want, you can you use a Scotchbrite pad, but why? Your bracelet and clasp are POLISHED. Just use some Mother's and it should come out, with some elbow grease of course. I wouldn't "brush the clasp back to spec" cuz then it wouldn't match the rest! Wear it well!

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
Thought you really ripped him off at first........Chrono means chronograph.....since you got the standard watch, and not a chrono....I would call it a fair swap.....ENJOY

AXO

30/6/09
Well I took a crack today at polishing the band. It took lees then 5 minutes to get all the scratches out with my buffing wheel. Definately a night and day difference. Sorry about the Crappy Pics (NooooooB)! Man these pictures dont do this watch any justice. I must invest in a good camera! The watch looks much better in person.

PolishedOmega2.jpg

OmegaFace.jpg

PolishedOmega1.jpg