• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What you thinking about this Speedmaster??

gambafreaks

Horology Curious
4/8/06
What you thinking about this Speedmaster?? is it a good rep??

Imagen036.jpg

Imagen037.jpg

Imagen038.jpg

Imagen039.jpg

Imagen041.jpg

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
speedmaster

The watch is sharp looking. I am no REP expert, but I dont think the gen has an clear case back. Can any of you pros out there (i.e. Pugwash or By-tor) confirm? Pretty sharp though. Looks like a manual wind not an auto as I dont think I saw a rotor in pic of the back.

coop

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
I have seen gens available with display backs, but not 100% sure if that was a factory edition. I used to have that Venus rep, but it never had the steel rim inside between the dial and the bezel...

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I'm pretty sure the gens have the display case back. Why wouldn't you want to show off the Lemania movement?

Sean K

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
The genuines don't have display back as default. However lots of people have installed glass backs on their Speedys. I've seen Broad Arrows with glass backs as well. I'm not sure if it's an option from Omega when you buy a new Speedmaster.

Yes, the rep is good. Classic Venus/Seagull powered Speedy replica. As nice as it gets. Pics are less than stellar though. ;)

Gunscrossed

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/06
I like the Seagull movement, it looks more like the Omega Cal.321 which was installed in the watches NASA took to the moon, the modern Speedy movement looks nothing like this though.
It's a nice rep!

Panama

10/9/06
Re: speedmaster

coop said:
The watch is sharp looking. I am no REP expert, but I dont think the gen has an clear case back. Can any of you pros out there (i.e. Pugwash or By-tor) confirm? Pretty sharp though. Looks like a manual wind not an auto as I dont think I saw a rotor in pic of the back.

coop

The original Moon-Watch came with manual winding (no need for rotor) and solid/closed case back.

@ By-Tor: Yes, the display back is an option for a new Speedmaster.

In the original one with closed back, there were several movement parts made of plastic to prevent wear out.
In the moded version with display back they are exchanged by metal parts because of decoration...

BTW: First auto-moved Chronograph in space was a Fortis Cosmonauts Chronograph.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06

Panama said:

I was having a conversation with a watch enthusiast regarding this the other day. My question to him was whether an automatic watch would even function properly in space due to the lack of gravity. How would the rotor spin?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06

andreww said:
Panama said:

I was having a conversation with a watch enthusiast regarding this the other day. My question to him was whether an automatic watch would even function properly in space due to the lack of gravity. How would the rotor spin?

off the top of my head:

by momentum/inertia, which is mass dependent. so doesn't necessarily require gravity to spin the rotor.

ther'es that saying "once in motion, always in motion until some other force acts on it"

my physics is rusty... but auto's shoudl work in space?

Wyvern

13/4/06
I think you are right Crick, it is momentum based and the rotor does not require a gravity field. Inertia and movement will make the watch wind. Realistically it should work even better because of the zero G and reduced friction.

Gunscrossed

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/06
Most Autos can also be hand wound so I never understood the argument that you can't use an auto in Space?, I know the Sinn 142 with Lemania 5100 movement was used in Space.

Peter

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
For replica price
all faults are forgiven..

so who will know? And if they do, they have to
hate price...

all comes down to what is it how much it cost...

:D

K

willster

Renowned Member
15/3/06
nice looking wach but still has the glaring sub dial spacing issue for the "Speedy Professinal"

spacing much closer to gen "Speedy reduced automatic" model but even there the subdials are too large

my speedys have the same problem...wished the rep makers would fix this...even at the risk of chances of gliches caused by extra gears in movement....love the watch

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
before buy
poll all frienda and acquaintances
find
ignorance level

buy with confidence and confluence

get big extension band
rent space suit...

ez

K

amedman

27/7/06
I own this one. It is very nice. Make sure its the full size with domed hesalite crystal.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
By-Tor said:
The genuines don't have display back as default. However lots of people have installed glass backs on their Speedys. I've seen Broad Arrows with glass backs as well. I'm not sure if it's an option from Omega when you buy a new Speedmaster.

Yes, the rep is good. Classic Venus/Seagull powered Speedy replica. As nice as it gets. Pics are less than stellar though. ;)

I have e review on Watch Time magazine where they show the Moon watch with a glass back. The tell tale is that the original Omega movement does NOT have the blue screws. But, the Moon watch was available in certain years with the glass back by default.

Just FYI