• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What sized screwdriver

smithy37

3/2/09
Hi,

I have finally received my Omega SMP Chrono and want to re-size the bracelet. Can anyone tell me what size precision screwdriver I need to remove the pins?

Thanks

D

d4m.test

Unless Im mistaken, you dont remove the pins in this bracelet with a screwdriver... You will need a pin press, or get creative with a drill bit a block of wood and something to tap with.
Best bet is to take it to someone and have them do it.
T

smithy37

3/2/09
Thanks for getting back to me so soon but you definitely need a screwdriver and can see the slots in the heads. I nelieve the genuine has pins and the replica uses screws :(

More's the pity as I have a pin removal tool.

D

d4m.test

Ok, I just looked at my rep SMP and the PINS are definitely PINS and not screws. You can see a "slot" between the two halves of the pins, but its not possible to get ANY screw driver in there. The pins are actually folder over and that is what causes the tension so that they stay in place.
Maybe I am wrong, but I am SURE my SMP has pins and its one of the better SMP's reps out there.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Yes these could be split pins. In some of the older reps and newer quartz canal streets might have screws too.

As to what size: Get a good set you will need them.

smithy37

3/2/09
Thank god I posted this question on this wonderful forum.

Thanks for the advice, without it I may have been trying to unscrew a split pin! You were all right, they were definitely not screws. And me being an engineer and all :shock:

My linkpin tool made easy work of the split pins and I am now sporting my watch.

Thanks again.

Watch out for the pictures coming soon!

Mark

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Glad it worked out. I am glad CBR chimed in before my post. Otherwise you might have been spinning your wheels so to speak. Split pins are great/easy. :wink: