• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What should I expect to pay for a function GMT movement?

Drulee

Renowned Member
7/5/09
I've been looking for an Asian functional GMT movement for my PAM 088 project (without luck so faar), and would like to know what I should expect to pay for one.

Any ideas. Help on finding one would also be nice :)

Dudemeister

Known Member
15/9/09
Drulee said:
I've been looking for an Asian functional GMT movement for my PAM 088 project (without luck so faar), and would like to know what I should expect to pay for one.

I'm not sure how a PAM GMT works, but if it's similar to the Rolex, OFREI does have a GMT movement: DG3836. The price is about $18.00

Drulee

Renowned Member
7/5/09
Dudemeister said:
Drulee said:

I'm not sure how a PAM GMT works, but if it's similar to the Rolex, OFREI does have a GMT movement: DG3836. The price is about $18.00

Thanks for the input, but PAM GMT's are usually modified A7750 movements, as they also have the running seconds at the 9 o'clock position, except for a couple of models (which I don't have anyway :) )

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
There is an Asian 21j GMT with seconds at 9 used in the cheaper 088 etc but if you are going down that route you need to check the sub dial placement as the dials between 7750 88 and Asian don't interchange. If the dial you are using is a center second dial then there are a host of movements best is the Asian ETA clone with GMT gearing added

Drulee

Renowned Member
7/5/09
Time4Direct said:
There is an Asian 21j GMT with seconds at 9 used in the cheaper 088 etc but if you are going down that route you need to check the sub dial placement as the dials between 7750 88 and Asian don't interchange. If the dial you are using is a center second dial then there are a host of movements best is the Asian ETA clone with GMT gearing added

All my PAM GMT's use the 7750. I'm actually not looking for this movement anymore - the question was asked back in June :) I've acquired five PAM GMT's since asking about the movement, and no longer require one. What I do need now is an A7750 modified for using in an automatic PAM (ie 104 or 091).

Thanks