• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What should i do ?????

conger

Horology Curious
21/5/11
Hi guys

As you can see I do not post a lot of threads but i do keep up to date on here by reading many of the great threads and stickies (thank you Bytor and Sunny etc).

I am in the market for a PO and was ideally after a ti CRPO 45 mm but after reading about all the potential issues (questionable swiss movements, dodgy AR etc etc) i am wondering if i am better off just getting a standard Asian movement UPO45mm (and saving a few quid) or waiting for the new version to hit the scene.

Cheeky i know but what would be the words from the wise on my predicament ?

Any guidance would be appreciated, i am swaying toward an UPO at the moment.

Cheers Conger

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Go with what you like tbh, the AR has been fixed on the 45mm (to a certain extent) the movement thing could be an issue with any rep. The noob version coming out wont have Ti blue versions as first release, they will come later as they are less far along in the replication process than the others. Try the current Ti if you like it, can't go too far wrong with the UPO either though.

conger

Horology Curious
21/5/11
Thanks DrBollocko !

I will hang fire for a few weeks and see what transpires with the updated CRPO. If it drags on then i will get the UPO but it will be sods law the week after i pull the trigger the new CRPO will land and be awesome !!!

Then i might just have to have both ;-)

Regards Conger

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
:) that's pretty much how it works with reps, none available when you want them then 5 are come along at the same time, ...bit like buses :)
... the good news is the new CRPO should be out soon and is well overdue, the bad news is that it will be the 42mm LMPO (old version) first, then the CPO42mm/45mm, then finally the Ti PO's sometime after that. Could easily be 6 months span and staggered releases before they are all available.

biface

Horology Curious
26/5/13
I would advise to wait. I recently became the owner of Ti CPO and want to say there are flaws that should be off the watch for $ 350. Mini review will do later and do not here (no camera at hand)

the_art_of_luv

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/6/13
you would be lucky if you can find an UPO now. I am in the same boat like you, at first I ordered CrPo from Toro, but later I change to Pam111v3 instead. I want to buy the UPO so badly but no one seem to have it right now, so might as well wait the new CrPo. I really like the CrPo though, but as it has to many issue such as movement problem, case-back to obvious, fading bezel.

conger

Horology Curious
21/5/11
Hi guys

I have pulled the trigger and ordered a crpo the same as sunnydales review in his 1 to 1 photo review, i guess that i have to accept that there will always be newer versions on the horizon!

Thinking of selling my gen ti oris small seconds now to buy more reps! God this is more addictive than crack!

the_art_of_luv

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/6/13
I try to buy the UPO first while waiting, but all the TDs are unable to find one, and I would buy the current CrPO, but there are so many issues with it, so I would hold on my cold cash, I almost pull the trigger on the CrPo though, but I change my order to the PAM111v3 instead since it is on my collection list.
Hi guys

I have pulled the trigger and ordered a crpo the same as sunnydales review in his 1 to 1 photo review, i guess that i have to accept that there will always be newer versions on the horizon!

Thinking of selling my gen ti oris small seconds now to buy more reps! God this is more addictive than crack!