• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Should I Do

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
I have been contemplating on what I should do with my new 45mm CrPO. I really like the watch but really hate the AR ( or lack there of:angry: ).

So the question I want to ask my fellow :cheers: members is what would you do?

a. Buy a 42mm CrPO with the correct AR already installed.

b. Buy a Gen 45mm Omega crystal.

c.Wait until the V2 version comes out and hope the AR is right.

d. Screw it and just wear it the way it is.

That's where I am at right now. :wyliehelp:me make a decision.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
e. Hope that someone with a good heart will sell you their sunnydale AR'ed crystal. :D

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yeah, why not just send this one for AR treatment.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
I also agree, and its what I plan to do with mine when I get it. Im in the same country as sunnydale, so hoping he can help me out :)

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09

I think this watch really is so good you can spend on genuine crystal.

If you get a decent AR crystal, that is an option too. I now have this greenish AR crystal and I cannot see the green tint 99 % of time but that 1 % still makes me consider taking a genuine crystal from my UPO.

Don't guys count on my crystals atm. Also, I cannot offer AR service.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Ok my friend, not a problem, but if you do find out the price of a genuine AR crystal, and part number, please let me know. Thanks.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
The reason that I'm not going to send it off to get proper AR coating is I don't like to wait. I contacted Vac. and he said wait time was around 8 weeks. Don't really feel like waiting that long.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11

I think this watch really is so good you can spend on genuine crystal.

If you get a decent AR crystal, that is an option too. I now have this greenish AR crystal and I cannot see the green tint 99 % of time but that 1 % still makes me consider taking a genuine crystal from my UPO.

Don't guys count on my crystals atm. Also, I cannot offer AR service.

I was looking on Ofrei's website and it said that I have to have the case number to order the Gen crystal. Have any idea what that would be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sunnydale

29/8/09
I was looking on Ofrei's website and it said that I have to have the case number to order the Gen crystal. Have any idea what that would be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check R2D4's wonderful thread of UPO genuine parts:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/r2d4s-45-5-23705

I installed UPO crystal to my Cr PO and it fit perfectly so UPO genuine crystal should fit then too without problems. Cr had a bit thicker crystal than rep UPO crystal (0.4-0.5 mm thicker) and I remember from Inushuks Franken UPO thread that genuine crystal is also a bit thicker than rep crystal so Cr crystal could be really 1:1 to a genuine crystal.

I have a genuine crystal installed to my UPO but I would not like to take it and try :)

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Check R2D4's wonderful thread of UPO genuine parts:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/r2d4s-45-5-23705

I installed UPO crystal to my Cr PO and it fit perfectly so UPO genuine crystal should fit then too without problems. Cr had a bit thicker crystal than rep UPO crystal (0.4-0.5 mm thicker) and I remember from Inushuks Franken UPO thread that genuine crystal is also a bit thicker than rep crystal so Cr crystal could be really 1:1 to a genuine crystal.

I have a genuine crystal installed to my UPO but I would not like to take it and try :)

Thanks for the link :thumbsup: it was a big help.

Now my question is. What all do I need to order, along with the crystal, so this install can go as flawless as possible?

sunnydale

29/8/09
Thanks for the link :thumbsup: it was a big help.

Now my question is. What all do I need to order, along with the crystal, so this install can go as flawless as possible?

You do not need a genuine crystal gasket. All you need is the crystal.

You need a crystal presser, my crystal was very tight fit so I could not pop it out with my hands.

How much is the crystal on Ofrei? Cheaper if you order 2? :)

Edit: CousinsUK price was around usd325 with all the costs so not cheap! I will not order another one from them!

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Thanks for the info, now I just need to find someone in the U.S. that will install this for me without taking months. I might start a thread about it and see if I can get some fellow RWIer's to help me out.

The price on Ofrei is 207.00 shipped so it is considerably cheaper that CousinsUK.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Just purchased a GENUINE OMEGA 45.5MM CRYSTAL! :thumbsup:

Will keep everybody posted. Hope it turns out alright.