• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What movement do I need?

arkseven

Renowned Member
7/9/11
Hi guys,

I had a no date sub with a swiss 2836 and I messed up the movement (by dropping it). All the 2836s I can find have a date wheel. The movement I had did not have one. Is there a variation on the 2836 that I need?

Thanks!

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
It doesnt matter, Im pretty sure its the same movement, the factory just doesnt put a datewheel on. You could even install a new movement with the datewheel still on, it will just turn beneath the dial and youll never see it.

arkseven

Renowned Member
7/9/11
It doesnt matter, Im pretty sure its the same movement, the factory just doesnt put a datewheel on. You could even install a new movement with the datewheel still on, it will just turn beneath the dial and youll never see it.

That's great, thanks mate!

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12

+1 or you can simply remove the date wheel.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
+1 or you can simply remove the date wheel.

+1

This is probably the best way to do it since with out being able to see the date, one might inadvertently damage the movement while setting the time when the date change over is occuring.