• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What looks better:Sea Master Chrono or Planet Ocean Chrono

dangerman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/06
What looks better:Seamaster Chrono or the Black Planet Ocean Chrono. I know it comes down to personal taste but I'm having trouble making up my mind so looking for a push in the right direction. Thanks!

roadcarver

Known Member
29/7/06
I personally like the SMP Chrono diver - I have the gen and its one of the few watches that you can use the pushers while underwater.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
for me it's the 45mm orange po but it's like you said it's all personal prefrence.

Niko

Renowned Member
25/7/06
Not sure which of the seamaster chronos you prefer, but I think the PO is definitely more sought after right now.

Personally, I would go with the 45 mm orange PO, it really is a head turner!

N.

roadcarver

Known Member
29/7/06
My reply to Dangerman is based on this SMP chrono:

face01.jpg

Sam268

5/4/06
go with the semaster chrono, there are more flaws on the PO plus the PO bracelet is not as good quality rep as the regular seamaster smp chrono or reg smp bracelet.

People that own a PO will let you know unless you decide to like me purchase a original rubber strap or geniune bracelet.

the PO is easier give away as a rep then the Chrono given no mods involved.

dangerman

4/10/06
Thanks guys-Still going mad trying to decide. I may be leaning to the Seamaster Chrono at the moment. Any more opinions would be very welcome.

kkor

Horology Curious
29/9/06
For the gen I like the 45mm planet ocean better, but I think the seamaster chrono is a better rep. I've been debating ordering the chrono :? .

Sam268

5/4/06
I have a feeling this version of the chrono is not going to last long, like the famous 2892- 007 smp

There are so many version of the PO and you might as well wait till they come up with a 6th or 7th gen po

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Judging from the picture, my vote goes to Omega SMP Chrono rep. It seems good! Bracelet... You can salvage one from an Asian SMP or ... better still, get a rubber strap :) sounds good?

sash5

Known Member
6/9/06
SMP chrono gets the vote for me over here.. its indeed a better rep compare to PO.. not saying that PO sucks.. but overall finish, the SMP chrono wins over

cheers

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
If you don't have a SMP already, go for it.. I really like the chrono one, but I have hard time to pull the trigger since I already have a nice "normal" SMP.

gillorin

6/9/06
SMP Chrono x 100

I've been wanting a good replica of this watch for like 5 years now, and have even owned 2 genuine chronos. Beautiful watches, timeless, and the rep is accurate as hell. Few minor issues but overall it's outstanding.
On the otherhand, the PO chrono has quite a few more innaccuracies. Though if it's inconsideration in the first place, you're obviously not looking for the more accurate watch. In the end go for whatever grabs you more, for me it's hands down the SMP chrono.