• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What kind of movement is this in my aqua terra?

hendrixelixir

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/07
Curious: What kind of movement is this? It appears to be well finished and looks nice, but I have no idea.

I've got pics with the rotor in opposite positions. Hopefully you guys can help.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I believe that its the asian 21 jewel movement. If I'm not mistaken the asian had a nickel plated movement and was more decorated than its ETA counter part. Not to mention the dial is more accurate as well. The Omega lettering and logo are the same color as the indices which is how they should be.

Sean K

mjv

Renowned Member
16/4/06
is it a new watch from a dealer here, price is usually a deed give away. if so around $100 or so 21j, 200 or so swiss
V

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Sweet I was right. If he flipped the watch over so I could get a look at the dial I could tell which one he has. He probably didn't get it from a dealer thats why he asking. I know I try and know what movement I'm getting when I buy from a dealer.

Sean K

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
@BC. Nice info and nice eye. I love the Aqua Terra I just don't understand why the ETA version is less accurate than the asian. The asian dial is almost perfect. I got rid of my ETA version because of it.

Sean K

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
that is a NICE AT.

yeah, movement reminiscent of an asian movement; wonder if its retainer ring is plastic too.

hendrixelixir

11/8/07
Here is a pic of the front:

sell009ai2.jpg

By hendrixelixir, shot with Canon PowerShot S2 IS at 2007-09-18

Edit: That's a fingerprint on the crystal. Damnit!

ryaku

3/4/06
Nice watch, i'm curious..haw much did you pay?
did you get on Ioffer?

hendrixelixir

11/8/07
Ok, I spent some time typing a similar response, but it didn't go through when I pressed Submit.

Anyway, I bought the AT from a friend who was trying to pass it off as a gen at $400, which was obviously way too good to be true. Knowing that it was a rep (but not knowing much more), I played the waiting game with him, and got it down to $200, which I thought was reasonable at the time (before finding out it was an Asian mvt!). Anyway, it's in excellent condition, with very minor scuffs on the bracelet and the polished bezel has hairline scuffs, still very much new looking.

I will be putting up for sale soon a few watches (will post in sales section), and I'm not sure if I want to include this one. For one thing, I paid a lot for it, but I want to save toward a gen Moon watch. Another thing to consider that might put off buyers is that the bracelet is quite small, best for <7" wrists, which I can pull off, but the majority can't. (The bastard didn't give any links on top of ripping me off!). Straps?