• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is wrong with these OF Breitling Superoceans?

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
What is wrong with these OF Breitling Superoceans?

4 Months ago i had a Order of several watches with a RWI TD, one of them the Breitling Superocean 44mm with the Turquise Dial from TF, driven by a A2824 Movement. I was given QC for several Watches, but in the End i did not want these and got my money sent back after a while. All good this far.

Worth mentioning is, that the Serial Numbes on two of these TF Breitlings i was offered were 6612757.

So i contacted another RWI TD in regards of availability of the OF Breitling SO 44, same Watch but from OF instead of TF, with engraved Rotor, on the Movement Bridges embossed Serial Numbers matching to the Serial on the Casback, with additional embossed Text "TWENTY-SIX 26 JEWELS SWISS MADE" and a Selita SW200 Movement instead of the A2428. They confirmed the embossed Text and Serials on the Movement and so i ordered the Watch with them from OF, which is 50% more expensive, and a 2nd Watch (different Brand) along with it.

I was given QC Pictures of that OF-Watch, and to my surprise, they had the same Serial that the TF had (6612757). Different Factory, Different Movement, but same Serial? One Possibility is, that both Factories buy the Case from the same supplier, but maybe not? I was not that happy with the Dial of the Watch, but the TD said, he could not go for a 2nd Watch, if i dont take it, we would have to cancel the order and the TD has to keep the Watch, as they cannot give it back to OF. (Oh and they mentioned, that TF also has the Watch with a SW200 Movement, which i havent heared of before))

So i accepted it, both watches were sent and arrived.

Surprisingly only the Tudor was running when they arrived, usually automatic Watches run when the arrive here due to the handeling from the Delivering Courier.

The Breitling did not move and did not start running when trying to give her some wind by moving the Watch back and forth. So i opened her carefully up with a Friction Rubber Ball to avoid any scratches.

I did find that the Rotor is broken. Split into two parts, where the engraved inner part was still with the Movement, but the heavier outer wight just laying inside.

But more shocking: There are NO ENGRAVINGS ON THE MOVEMENT AT ALL. Not the Serial number and not the Text.

This is not what the Dealer confirmed prior to my Order and not what his Pictures on the Website are.

I am not sure, what it is, if it is a Original Factory Watch at all, if it is a butchered OF, if it is a TF sold as a OF, but it clearly is NOT the Watch i bought and sent my money for.

If i do pay 50% extra money for the Rotor, engraved Movement and Selita, i expect to get exactly this.

I did inform the TD imediately, but had no response bcs of the Chinese New Year Holidays.

I feel "uncomfortable" with the outcome now. Has anyone of you got a OF Breitling Super Ocean with the Selita? Do you have the correct Movement with the correct engravings?

What should i do now?

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
What model? I have 2 Superocean 46 MM from OF and the have gen. Sellita movements.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Found another sales thread for an OF, doesn't look like it has the "TWENTY-SIX 26 JEWELS SWISS MADE" engraving you're looking for either: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/of-breitling-superocean-44-with-sw200-1.10958667/
Possibly OF saw its opportunity to save money, since it is a closed case back......

Anyway, sad situation... hope it works out for you!
Thanks for sharing! The Watch sold in the Thread you linked has the same Issue! And mine has the same Dial, same Size, same Watch...

There is something really fishy here....

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
What model? I have 2 Superocean 46 MM from OF and the have gen. Sellita movements.
Its a different model, the one Josse linked in his Thread, the newer Superoceans with the white inner Ring. Mine is the 44 mm Version with turquiseblue Dial...

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
I wasn't even aware serial numbers were a thing. Admittedly it's been several months since I read the superocean 44 thread but I didn't recall that being mentioned. I was under the impression the OF was the TF but with sellita so same watch with supposedly better movement and that's it. The fact you asked specifically about it and were shown what were supposed to be your watches with the text you were wanting and received different items and broken ones at that really sucks. Hopefully it's an easy fix and at least you can enjoy the watches.

JC6451

Horology Curious
3/5/23
NYC
That type of thing really pisses me off. You clearly didn’t get what the seller promised and you paid for. Particularly as you paid more for the Swiss movement. TD should be held accountable here.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Now that Chinese New Year is over, have you had a reply from the TD?
I raised a RWI Help Desk Ticket yesterday, and tonight i received a lot of Whatsapp messages from the TD. We are in contact now, to get this solved.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Looks like not many members have bought the same Watch with the same Movement, i would have loved to hear more information, if this problem was on all OF-Watches with this watch. I only did see 2 Watches, mine and the one that was sold in the m2m, and both had this issue.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Just an Update: OF stopped to equip this Watch with engraved Bridges (as they advertised before) back in August 2023.

If you are in the Market for this Breitling you might consider this for your decission.

• Sad
Reactions: Marcu