• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is the fakest part of an UPO

Kurash

Horology Curious
26/8/12
I have a 45mm planet ocean ultimate and i was wondering if you put it side by side with a real one, which parts of the watch would give away that it is a replica?

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I have a 45mm planet ocean ultimate and i was wondering if you put it side by side with a real one, which parts of the watch would give away that it is a replica?

POU? :picard: I think it's typically referred to as UPO and the "tells" vary based on the version (V4, V5 etc). V5 took care of the big tells (happy feet etc). There are a million threads on this in the Omega section. This is a top selling watch so this has been discussed over and over again. Try using the search function on the forum to find this information.

tracyl

22/4/11
To me, the bezel insert pearl being too big and not centered. Unless you put a gen bezel on it, it will always look fake. Also the crown is too big and sticks out too much.

I put gen hands on my 42mm PO and I noticed a different color of the red on the tip of the seconds hand. But that is just a small tell.

Kurash

Horology Curious
26/8/12
I think I have a version 5. The reason that I am asking is that I have a friend of mine and I don't want to tell him that the watch is a replica. He does not know much about watches but he does have a couple original watches a Tag and an older rolex that his dad gave him. I don't think he ever owned or held an Omega before. He is definitely going to want me to take it off and he is gonna check out the watch. If it is obviously going to look fake sitting next to another brand original watch, I am not even going to try to lie.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Well you won't have a much better unmodded watch for the purposes of your comparison for the money matey. The UPO is a solid rep and it's tells are only 'obvious' on a side-by-side comparison. The things that bugged me on mine are:

-Single AR coating on crystal
-Lack of bevelling on date window
-Slightly dull lume

I'd be surprised if your mate calls you out - keep us posted...

Kurash

Horology Curious
26/8/12
The lume is driving me nuts.... i was wondering if I could mod the hand's of the watch with the real ones, but I can't do anything about the markers.... :(

Xtian

Renowned Member
13/4/12
He does not know much about watches but he does have a couple original watches a Tag and an older rolex that his dad gave him. I don't think he ever owned or held an Omega before. He is definitely going to want me to take it off and he is gonna check out the watch. If it is obviously going to look fake sitting next to another brand original watch, I am not even going to try to lie.

OP I could almost assure you that your friend has never held a "POU":neener: and please let me share this, if you ever get called out, IMHO, it wouldn't be the Omega on your wrist that will have the biggest tell. Let's leave it at that:cheers:

md2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/7/12
Please someone tell me what Happy feet are its driving me crazy :what:

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

lear2003

13/8/12
Please someone tell me what Happy feet are its driving me crazy :what:

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

look at the Omega logo if the bottom horizontal lines curl up that is referred to as Happy Feet, latest versions are straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kmac

2/2/09
Sounds like your friend wouldn't be able to tell if he had a picture right next to your watch. Great watch, but easy to make better.

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
A person you call a friend should give a f... If it's a rep, a real friend deserves the truth, but just my 2 Cents...

Greetings

Gesendet von meinem X10S mit Tapatalk 2

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
More time (and $$'s)has been wasted trying >>>

To make the "perfect" Plane Ocean replica over the years than has been spent than on trying to cure global warming!!
Here's an example of how long this "Quixotic" saga has been going on!!
http://www.rwg.cc/topic/12207-so-which-generation-po-are-we-on-now/
(note that this thread was started SIX years ago yesterday!!!)
I currently own 2 45mm PO's, that cost me @ $90.00 TOTAL, and neither of them has ever been noticed, except once by a guy wearing a gen, who complemented me on my watch choice!!
Trust me...the only people who care, are the folks who post here...The rest of the world REALLY don't care......:picard:

Electric Factory

Horology Curious
1/11/12
Thanks for posting this OP, although I can only imagine how bored some of you must be answering RWI 'new guy' questions. For myself I've only begun to digest the multitude of pages connected with my hearts burning desire- the Omega 45mm UPO.
If I can figure out the preferred and reputable purchase pathway I'd buy one immediately, today, forthwith.
In the meantime I'm wearing out the 'search' function, trying to increase my knowledge base and to find out where the 'state-of-the-art' UPO rep is.
Am already developing a blister..