• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is HAPPY FEET on Ploprof Logo

todaystheday

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/10/10
can anyone tell me what is happy feet as cant seem to tell the difference with my ploprof logo cheers :thinking:

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
look at the omega logo.
does it look like two legs with little feet at the bottom with upward turned toes?

if you have a V1 it does and it's inaccurate.
if you have a V2 it does not and it's accurate.

it's basically the addition of the upward turned toes.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
happy feet, or clown feet, means a omega logo, where the 2 little "feet" (in the bottom of the omea logo) point up, kindda like the shoes Aladdin is wearing :)

todaystheday

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/10/10
thanks mine is V1 so has happy feet soon to get V2 or wait till they make a V3 well thats if they do :thinking:

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
doubt they will.
the V2 is basically 98.5% correct and for reps, that's about as good as it gets.

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
honestly I think it's one of those "tells" that nobody in real life would even notice.

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
I read from another forum that the new breed of UPOs have the accurate, non-happy feet logo (apparently available from one of our trusted dealers). I may be just completely not-in-touch with the times, but can anyone confirm? Thanks

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Hi todaystheday - do you know if it is the case for the UPO? Your link sent me to your ploprof (which, btw, is gorgeous! :D:)

MAC

Horology Curious
23/8/10
I read from another forum that the new breed of UPOs have the accurate, non-happy feet logo (apparently available from one of our trusted dealers). I may be just completely not-in-touch with the times, but can anyone confirm? Thanks

Yes, the new UPO from puretime does not have happy feet. The pictures at his website are not updated but a member of another forum is/was selling an UPO without happy feet he said he just bought from puretime. This info was confirmed with Angus at puretime and you can see his response to this same query at his UPO page:

http://puretimewatch.com/product/planet-ocean-45mm-ultimate-edition-upo/

Hope this helps.

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Sorry, but is there a picture with arrows on here illustrating what exactly "happy feet" is, lol.... Thx

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Lemme try to explain:
The omega symbol on a omega dial has like a 3/4 circle, with an Opening in the bottom. This opening has a thing we call the feet. There are 2 kinds of feet; the flat one, and the kind who borrowed alladins shoes. The last kind is commonly reffered to as happy feet.

Sent from my iBall using Tupperware

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
Heres me thinking it meant this!!
Crazy-dance.jpg

mrfog

Renowned Member
28/10/12
Normal feet
IKEBN.jpg

Happy feet
1lNOS.jpg

I've got those happy feet, given them a low down beat and they begin daaaaaaaancing.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
I have to say that the happy feet issue is confusing. If you go to the official omega site their logo clearly has upturned feet and if you click on speed master and enlarge the watch that comes up it clearly has upturned feet on the dial. What am I missing here?

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
No it isn't. Printed Omega logos have happy feet, and the embossed (metal) Omega logos don't. You just need to differentiate if the Omega logo is printed in ink or affixed in metal.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
No it isn't. Printed Omega logos have happy feet, and the embossed (metal) Omega logos don't. You just need to differentiate if the Omega logo is printed in ink or affixed in metal.

Thanks. That helps.